Professor of the Practice in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Director of the Duke Engineering First Year Experience
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Illinois -- Urbana-Champaign, 1995
Innovations in undergraduate engineering education, particularly new pedagogical methods that broaden students’ problem solving skills and design thinking.
- BME 260L: Modeling Cellular and Molecular Systems
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- EGR 190L: Special Topics in Engineering with Lab Component
In the News
- New First-Year Design Course, Space Debut (Aug 24, 2017)
- Saterbak to Lead Redesign of Pratt First-Year Experience (Apr 10, 2017)
- McSpedon, M; Saterbak, A; Wolf, M, Summer bridge program structured to cover most demanding STEM topics, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings, vol 2016-June (2016) [abs].
- Saterbak, A; Wettergreen, M; Roberts, Z, Teaching first-year engineering design using a flipped classroom model, vol 2016-June (2016) [abs].
- Torres, WJ; Saterbak, A; Beier, ME, Long-term impact of an elective, first-year engineering design course, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings, vol 2016-June (2016) [abs].
- Saterbak, A; Volz, T; Wettergreen, M, Implementing and assessing a flipped classroom model for first-year engineering design, Advances in Engineering Education, vol 5 no. 3 (2016) [abs].
- Shah, K; Skerrett, E; Nojoomi, M; Walker, T; Maynard, K; Pan, M; Flynn, B; Yuan, M; Horton, P; Vaughn, T; Miros, R; Molyneux, E; Saterbak, A; Oden, ZM; Richards-Kortum, R, Maji: a new tool to prevent overhydration of children receiving intravenous fluid therapy in low-resource settings., American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol 92 no. 5 (2015), pp. 1053-1058 [10.4269/ajtmh.14-0495] [abs].