Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 2015
Traumatic brain injury
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Technological Innovations in Neuroscience Award. McKnight Foundation. 2021
- Peer Recognition Honor. Duke, Pratt School of Engineering. 2020
- AI Watson XPrize Finalist (with team DataKind). IBM. 2017
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. Harvard University . 2017
- Certificate of Excellence in Teaching. Harvard University. 2017
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. Harvard University . 2013
- Graduate Research Fellowship. National Science Foundation . 2010
- I.L. Chaikoff Award for Undergraduate Research. UC Berkeley . 2008
- MCB Department Citation (Best in Class). UC Berkeley. 2008
- AIPI 591: Special Readings in AI for Product Innovation
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
In the News
- Welcome the Pratt School New Faculty (Oct 26, 2021 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Timothy Dunn: Tracking Movement to Decipher Brain Activity (Jun 22, 2021 | Duke Engineering News)
- Learning to DANNCE (Apr 23, 2021 | Duke AI Health)
- Tim Dunn - The DANNCE Study (Apr 19, 2021 | Duke Forge)
- Neural Circuits at the Brain Scale (Nov 8, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Calculating Time to Collision (Feb 3, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Yao, X; Pathak, V; Xi, H; Chaware, A; Cooke, C; Kim, K; Xu, S; Li, Y; Dunn, T; Konda, PC; Zhou, KC; Horstmeyer, R, Increasing a microscope's effective field of view via overlapped imaging and machine learning, Optics Express, vol 30 no. 2 (2022), pp. 1745-1761 [10.1364/OE.445001] [abs].
- Dunn, TW; Marshall, JD; Severson, KS; Aldarondo, DE; Hildebrand, DGC; Chettih, SN; Wang, WL; Gellis, AJ; Carlson, DE; Aronov, D; Freiwald, WA; Wang, F; Ölveczky, BP, Geometric deep learning enables 3D kinematic profiling across species and environments., Nat Methods, vol 18 no. 5 (2021), pp. 564-573 [10.1038/s41592-021-01106-6] [abs].
- Adil, SM; Elahi, C; Gramer, R; Spears, CA; Fuller, AT; Haglund, MM; Dunn, TW, Predicting the Individual Treatment Effect of Neurosurgery for Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury in the Low-Resource Setting: A Machine Learning Approach in Uganda., J Neurotrauma, vol 38 no. 7 (2021), pp. 928-939 [10.1089/neu.2020.7262] [abs].
- Spears, CA; Adil, SM; Kolls, BJ; Muhumza, ME; Haglund, MM; Fuller, AT; Dunn, TW, Surgical intervention and patient factors associated with poor outcomes in patients with traumatic brain injury at a tertiary care hospital in Uganda., J Neurosurg (2021), pp. 1-10 [10.3171/2020.9.JNS201828] [abs].
- Marshall, JD; Aldarondo, DE; Dunn, TW; Wang, WL; Berman, GJ; Ölveczky, BP, Continuous Whole-Body 3D Kinematic Recordings across the Rodent Behavioral Repertoire., Neuron, vol 109 no. 3 (2021), pp. 420-437.e8 [10.1016/j.neuron.2020.11.016] [abs].