Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Member of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 2015
Research InterestsMachine learning, computer vision, neurobiology, animal behavior, computational neuroscience, prognostic modeling, traumatic brain injury
- AIPI 591: Special Readings in AI for Product Innovation
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
In the News
- Bass Connections Team Aims for Global Health Change (Jan 20, 2023 | Bass Connec…
- Welcome the Pratt School New Faculty (Oct 26, 2021 | Pratt School of Engineerin…
- Timothy Dunn: Tracking Movement to Decipher Brain Activity (Jun 22, 2021 | Duke…
- Learning to DANNCE (Apr 23, 2021 | Duke AI Health)
- Tim Dunn - The DANNCE Study (Apr 19, 2021 | Duke Forge)
- Neural Circuits at the Brain Scale (Nov 8, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Calculating Time to Collision (Feb 3, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Li, T., K. S. Severson, F. Wang, and T. W. Dunn. “Improved 3D Markerless Mouse Pose Estimation Using Temporal Semi-supervision.” International Journal of Computer Vision, January 1, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11263-023-01756-3.
- Thomson, Eric E., Mark Harfouche, Kanghyun Kim, Pavan C. Konda, Catherine W. Seitz, Colin Cooke, Shiqi Xu, et al. “Gigapixel imaging with a novel multi-camera array microscope.” Elife 11 (December 2022): e74988. https://doi.org/10.7554/elife.74988.
- Adil, Syed M., Lefko T. Charalambous, Shashank Rajkumar, Andreas Seas, Pranav I. Warman, Kelly R. Murphy, Shervin Rahimpour, et al. “Machine Learning to Predict Successful Opioid Dose Reduction or Stabilization After Spinal Cord Stimulation.” Neurosurgery 91, no. 2 (August 1, 2022): 272–79. https://doi.org/10.1227/neu.0000000000001969.
- Adil, Syed M., Cyrus Elahi, Dev N. Patel, Andreas Seas, Pranav I. Warman, Anthony T. Fuller, Michael M. Haglund, and Timothy W. Dunn. “Deep Learning to Predict Traumatic Brain Injury Outcomes in the Low-Resource Setting.” World Neurosurg 164 (August 2022): e8–16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2022.02.097.
- Kirsch, Elayna P., Alexander Suarez, Katherine E. McDaniel, Rajeev Dharmapurikar, Timothy Dunn, Shivanand P. Lad, and Michael M. Haglund. “Construct validity of the Surgical Autonomy Program for the training of neurosurgical residents.” Neurosurg Focus 53, no. 2 (August 2022): E8. https://doi.org/10.3171/2022.5.FOCUS22166.