Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering (beginning July 1, 2022)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PHD STUDENTS
We develop diverse algorithmic modalities to discover, characterize, and engineer novel proteins for applications in genome editing, targeted protein modulation, and reproductive bioengineering.
Our long-term goals are two-fold:
- Enable the de novo design of protein effectors for any biological purpose
- Leverage our platform technologies to prolong and promote reproductive longevity and equality
- Email Address: email@example.com
Lab Website: programmable.bio
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2020
- S.M. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2018
- S.B. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2016
Integration of computational and experimental methodologies to design novel proteins for applications in genome editing, targeted protein modulation, and reproductive bioengineering
In the News
- Pranam Chatterjee: Engineering the Reproductive System, One Protein at a Time | Duke Engineering News (Sept. 30, 2021)
- Kramme C, Plesa AM, Wang HH, Wolf B, Smela MP, Guo X, Kohman R, Chatterjee P*, Church GM*. STAMPScreen: An Integrated Pipeline for Mammalian Genetic Screening. Cell Reports Methods, 100082 (2021).
- Chatterjee P, Ponnapati M, Kramme C, Plesa AM, Church GM, Jacobson JM. Targeted intracellular degradation of SARS-CoV-2 via computationally optimized peptide fusions. Communications Biology, 3, 715 (2020).
- Chatterjee P, Jakimo N, Lee J, Amrani N, Rodriguez T, Koseki S, Tysinger E, Qing R, Hao S, Sontheimer EJ, Jacobson JM. An engineered ScCas9 with broad PAM range and high specificity and activity. Nature Biotechnology, 38(10):1154-1158 (2020).
- Chatterjee P, Lee J, Nip L, Koseki S, Tysinger E, Sontheimer EJ, Jacobson JM, Jakimo N. A Cas9 with PAM Recognition for Adenine Dinucleotides. Nature Communications, 11:2474 (2020).
- Chatterjee P, Jakimo N, Jacobson JM. Minimal PAM specificity of a highly similar SpCas9 ortholog. Science Advances, 4, 10: eaau0766 (2018).