Michael D. Lynch
Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Fellow in The Energy Initiative
- M.D. University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D. University of Colorado at Boulder, 2005
Dr. Lynch's research focuses on genetically engineering microbes to shut off their growth circuits and turn on new pathways to produce different compounds. By focusing their energy, he seeks to improve production of biofuels, pharmacological molecules and industrial chemicals.
- BME 244L9: Quantitative Physiology with Biostatistical Applications
- BME 244L: Quantitative Physiology with Biostatistical Applications
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ISS 391: Bass Connections in Information Science and Culture: Independent Study Project
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Burg, JM; Cooper, CB; Ye, Z; Reed, BR; Moreb, EA; Lynch, MD, Large-scale bioprocess competitiveness: the potential of dynamic metabolic control in two-stage fermentations, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, vol 14 (2016), pp. 121-136 [10.1016/j.coche.2016.09.008] [abs].
- Lynch, MD, Into new territory: improved microbial synthesis through engineering of the essential metabolic network., Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol 38 (2016), pp. 106-111 [10.1016/j.copbio.2016.01.009] [abs].
- Lynch, MD, A rational microbial design perspective in the design build test era, Metabolic Engineering X (2014), pp. 505-528 [abs].
- Boyle, NR; Reynolds, TS; Evans, R; Lynch, M; Gill, RT, Recombineering to homogeneity: extension of multiplex recombineering to large-scale genome editing., Biotechnology Journal, vol 8 no. 5 (2013), pp. 515-522 [10.1002/biot.201200237] [abs].
- Garst, A; Lynch, M; Evans, R; Gill, RT, Strategies for the multiplex mapping of genes to traits., Microbial Cell Factories, vol 12 (2013) [10.1186/1475-2859-12-99] [abs].