Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurobiology
- Investigator in the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Phone: (919) 613-2832
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University School of Medicine, 2016
- M.D. Duke University School of Medicine, 2009
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2007
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
- NEUROSCI 211D: Brain and Behavior: Translating Neuroscience (B)
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- NEUROSCI 494: Research Independent Study 2
- NEUROSCI 495: Research Independent Study 3
- NEUROSCI 755: Interdisciplinary Program in Cognitive Neuroscience (IPCN) Independent Research Rotation
- PSY 276D: Brain and Behavior: Translating Neuroscience (B)
In the News
- Duke Brain Researchers Receive Award From Keck Foundation (Aug 9, 2016)
- Control Of A Timekeeping Circuit In The Brain Alters Mood (Jun 23, 2016)
- Neuroscientist Kafui Dzirasa Honored at White House (May 9, 2016)
- Dr. Kafui Dzirasa: A look at mania (Apr 14, 2016 | PBS “Ride the Tiger” documentary )
- Neuroscientist Kafui Dzirasa Earns Presidential Early Career Award (Feb 19, 2016)
- Allen Song Named Interim Director of Brain Institute (Jun 26, 2015)
- New study identifies why some deal with stress better (Jul 30, 2014 | USA Today )
- A New Brain-Based Marker of Stress Susceptibility (Jul 29, 2014)
- Hultman, R; Mague, SD; Li, Q; Katz, BM; Michel, N; Lin, L; Wang, J; David, LK; Blount, C; Chandy, R; Carlson, D; Ulrich, K; Carin, L; Dunson, D; Kumar, S; Deisseroth, K; Moore, SD; Dzirasa, K, Dysregulation of Prefrontal Cortex-Mediated Slow-Evolving Limbic Dynamics Drives Stress-Induced Emotional Pathology., Neuron, vol 91 no. 2 (2016), pp. 439-452 [abs].
- Ade, KK; Wan, Y; Hamann, HC; O'Hare, JK; Guo, W; Quian, A; Kumar, S; Bhagat, S; Rodriguiz, RM; Wetsel, WC; Conn, PJ; Dzirasa, K; Huber, KM; Calakos, N, Increased Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 Signaling Underlies Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder-like Behavioral and Striatal Circuit Abnormalities in Mice., Biological Psychiatry (2016) [abs].
- Gordon, JA; Dzirasa, K, Animal models of psychiatric disorders., Neuroscience, vol 321 (2016), pp. 1-2 [abs].
- Wang, X; Bey, AL; Katz, BM; Badea, A; Kim, N; David, LK; Duffney, LJ; Kumar, S; Mague, SD; Hulbert, SW; Dutta, N; Hayrapetyan, V; Yu, C; Gaidis, E; Zhao, S; Ding, JD; Xu, Q; Chung, L; Rodriguiz, RM; Wang, F; Weinberg, RJ; Wetsel, WC; Dzirasa, K; Yin, H; Jiang, YH, Altered mGluR5-Homer scaffolds and corticostriatal connectivity in a Shank3 complete knockout model of autism., Nature Communications, vol 7 (2016) [abs].
- Sidor, MM; Spencer, SM; Dzirasa, K; Parekh, PK; Tye, KM; Warden, MR; Arey, RN; Enwright, JF; Jacobsen, JP; Kumar, S; Remillard, EM; Caron, MG; Deisseroth, K; McClung, CA, Daytime spikes in dopaminergic activity drive rapid mood-cycling in mice., Molecular Psychiatry, vol 20 no. 11 (2015), pp. 1406-1419 [abs].