Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Assistant Professor in Neurobiology
- Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Investigator in the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: Bryan Research Bldg, Room 361, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 613-2832
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University School of Medicine, 2016
- M.D. Duke University School of Medicine, 2009
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2007
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
- NEUROSCI 211D: Brain and Behavior: Translating Neuroscience (B)
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- NEUROSCI 494: Research Independent Study 2
- NEUROSCI 495: Research Independent Study 3
- NEUROSCI 496: Research Independent Study 4
- NEUROSCI 755: Interdisciplinary Program in Cognitive Neuroscience (IPCN) Independent Research Rotation
- PSY 276D: Brain and Behavior: Translating Neuroscience (B)
In the News
- Chatter in the Deep Brain Spurs Empathy in Rats (Jun 23, 2017)
- Inspiring the Young African-American Physician-Scientist (Feb 15, 2017)
- Dr. Kafui Dzirasa Discusses the Next Big Idea in Brain Research (Oct 18, 2016)
- Duke Brain Researchers Receive Award From Keck Foundation (Aug 9, 2016)
- Control Of A Timekeeping Circuit In The Brain Alters Mood (Jun 23, 2016)
- Neuroscientist Kafui Dzirasa Honored at White House (May 9, 2016)
- Dr. Kafui Dzirasa: A look at mania (Apr 14, 2016 | PBS “Ride the Tiger” documentary )
- Neuroscientist Kafui Dzirasa Earns Presidential Early Career Award (Feb 19, 2016)
- Allen Song Named Interim Director of Brain Institute (Jun 26, 2015)
- New study identifies why some deal with stress better (Jul 30, 2014 | USA Today )
- A New Brain-Based Marker of Stress Susceptibility (Jul 29, 2014)
- Schaich Borg, J; Srivastava, S; Lin, L; Heffner, J; Dunson, D; Dzirasa, K; de Lecea, L, Rat intersubjective decisions are encoded by frequency-specific oscillatory contexts., Brain and Behavior, vol 7 no. 6 (2017) [10.1002/brb3.710] [abs].
- Dzirasa, K, When they go low, we go high., Science Translational Medicine, vol 9 no. 395 (2017) [10.1126/scitranslmed.aan6193] [abs].
- Dzirasa, K, Working memory: The real VIP., Science Translational Medicine, vol 9 no. 389 (2017) [10.1126/scitranslmed.aan3779] [abs].
- Dzirasa, K, The neural substrates of super memory., Science Translational Medicine, vol 9 no. 383 (2017) [10.1126/scitranslmed.aan0770] [abs].
- Ade, KK; Wan, Y; Hamann, HC; O'Hare, JK; Guo, W; Quian, A; Kumar, S; Bhagat, S; Rodriguiz, RM; Wetsel, WC; Conn, PJ; Dzirasa, K; Huber, KM; Calakos, N, Increased Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 Signaling Underlies Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder-like Behavioral and Striatal Circuit Abnormalities in Mice., Biological Psychiatry, vol 80 no. 7 (2016), pp. 522-533 [10.1016/j.biopsych.2016.04.023] [abs].