Duke School of Medicine Distinguished Professor in Neuroscience
We study the development and function of cortical circuits underlying motor control and cognitive processing. Our research program integrates multi-faceted approaches from genetic engineering to single-cell genomics, developmental neurobiology, imaging, electrophysiology, and behavioral analyses, and aims to link fundamental neuroscience to the understanding and treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Duke School of Medicine Distinguished Professor in Neuroscience
- Professor of Neurobiology
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Cell Biology
- Office Location: 311 Research Drive, Box 3209, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 613-1573
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Brandeis University, 1995
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- CMB 710E: Cell & Molecular Biology Module V
- CMB 710F: Cell & Molecular Biology Module VI
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
In the News
- New RNA-Based Tool Can Illuminate Brain Circuits, Edit Specific Cells (Oct 5, 2…
- University Awards 24 New Distinguished Professorships (May 18, 2022)
- Four Faculty Elected to American Academy of Arts & Sciences (Apr 28, 2022)
- Duke Neuroscientist Co-Leads Massive Effort to Map Brain (Oct 6, 2021)
- Mohan, Hemanth, Xu An, X Hermione Xu, Hideki Kondo, Shengli Zhao, Katherine S. Matho, Bor-Shuen Wang, Simon Musall, Partha Mitra, and Z Josh Huang. “Cortical glutamatergic projection neuron types contribute to distinct functional subnetworks.” Nat Neurosci 26, no. 3 (March 2023): 481–94. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41593-022-01244-w.
- An, Xu, Katherine Matho, Yi Li, Hemanth Mohan, X Hermione Xu, Ian Q. Whishaw, Adam Kepecs, and Z Josh Huang. “A cortical circuit for orchestrating oromanual food manipulation.” Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, December 3, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.12.03.518964.
- Qian, Yongjun, Jiayun Li, Shengli Zhao, Elizabeth A. Matthews, Michael Adoff, Weixin Zhong, Xu An, et al. “Programmable RNA sensing for cell monitoring and manipulation.” Nature 610, no. 7933 (October 2022): 713–21. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-022-05280-1.
- Huilgol, Dhananjay, Jesse Levine, William Galbavy, Bor-Shuen Wang, Miao He, Shreyas Suryanarayana, and Josh Huang. “Direct and indirect neurogenesis generate a mosaic of distinct glutamatergic projection neuron types and cortical subnetworks.” BioRxiv, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.03.13.484161.
- Mohan, Hemanth, Xu An, Hideki Kondo, Shengli Zhao, Katherine Matho, Simon Musall, Partha Mitra, and Josh Huang. “Cortical glutamatergic projection neuron types contribute to distinct functional subnetworks.” Research Square, 2022. https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-1337382/v1.