Jessilyn Pearl Dunn
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Developing new tools and infrastructure for multi-modal biomedical data integration to drive precision/personalized methods for early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor - Track V of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: Suite 1102 Hock Plaza, Box 2721, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
Use of large-scale biomedical datasets to model and guide personalized therapies
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Jessilyn Dunn: Gaining Insights from Biomedical Big Data (Jun 5, 2018 | Duke University Pratt School of Engineering)
- Witt, DR; Kellogg, RA; Snyder, MP; Dunn, J, Windows into human health through wearables data analytics, Current Opinion in Biomedical Engineering, vol 9 (2019), pp. 28-46 [10.1016/j.cobme.2019.01.001] [abs].
- Rego, S; Dagan-Rosenfeld, O; Zhou, W; Sailani, MR; Limcaoco, P; Colbert, E; Avina, M; Wheeler, J; Craig, C; Salins, D; Röst, HL; Dunn, J; McLaughlin, T; Steinmetz, LM; Bernstein, JA; Snyder, MP, High-frequency actionable pathogenic exome variants in an average-risk cohort, Molecular Case Studies, vol 4 no. 6 (2018), pp. a003178-a003178 [10.1101/mcs.a003178] [abs].
- Dunn, J; Runge, R; Snyder, M, Wearables and the medical revolution, Personalized Medicine, vol 15 no. 5 (2018), pp. 429-448 [10.2217/pme-2018-0044] [abs].
- Kellogg, RA; Dunn, J; Snyder, MP, Personal Omics for Precision Health, Circulation Research, vol 122 no. 9 (2018), pp. 1169-1171 [10.1161/circresaha.117.310909] [abs].
- Dunn, J; Simmons, R; Thabet, S; Jo, H, The role of epigenetics in the endothelial cell shear stress response and atherosclerosis, The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, vol 67 (2015), pp. 167-176 [10.1016/j.biocel.2015.05.001] [abs].