Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Developing new tools and infrastructure for multi-modal biomedical data integration to drive precision/personalized methods for early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: Suite 1102 Hock Plaza, Box 2721, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
Use of large-scale biomedical datasets to model and guide personalized therapies
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- HLTHPOL 395: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
- HLTHPOL 795: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
In the News
- Early Detection of COVID-19: How Your Smartwatch Could Help (Aug 25, 2020 | Duke Magnify)
- School of Medicine Forum Addresses the Role of Data Science During Times of Crisis (Jul 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- A COVID-19 Study for Early Detection Expands to Reach New Communities (Jun 15, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Here'e How to Make Smartwatch Health Data Useful for Research (May 15, 2020)
- Using Smartphones in the Effort for Early Detection of COVID-19 (Apr 8, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- NC Survey Tracks How Residents Are Changing Behavior In Pandemic (Apr 6, 2020)
- Your Skin Tone Won't Affect Your Heart-Tracking Device. Your Activity Might (Feb 11, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Jessilyn Dunn: Gaining Insights from Biomedical Big Data (Jun 5, 2018 | Duke University Pratt School of Engineering)
- Jiang, Y; Qi, Y; Wang, WK; Bent, B; Avram, R; Olgin, J; Dunn, J, EventDTW: An Improved Dynamic Time Warping Algorithm for Aligning Biomedical Signals of Nonuniform Sampling Frequencies., Sensors (Basel, Switzerland), vol 20 no. 9 (2020) [10.3390/s20092700] [abs].
- Goldsack, JC; Coravos, A; Bakker, JP; Bent, B; Dowling, AV; Fitzer-Attas, C; Godfrey, A; Godino, JG; Gujar, N; Izmailova, E; Manta, C; Peterson, B; Vandendriessche, B; Wood, WA; Wang, KW; Dunn, J, Verification, analytical validation, and clinical validation (V3): the foundation of determining fit-for-purpose for Biometric Monitoring Technologies (BioMeTs)., Npj Digital Medicine, vol 3 (2020) [10.1038/s41746-020-0260-4] [abs].
- Bent, B; Goldstein, BA; Kibbe, WA; Dunn, JP, Investigating sources of inaccuracy in wearable optical heart rate sensors., Npj Digital Medicine, vol 3 (2020) [10.1038/s41746-020-0226-6] [abs].
- Witt, DR; Kellogg, RA; Snyder, MP; Dunn, J, Windows into human health through wearables data analytics, Current Opinion in Biomedical Engineering, vol 9 (2019), pp. 28-46 [10.1016/j.cobme.2019.01.001] [abs].
- Rego, S; Dagan-Rosenfeld, O; Zhou, W; Sailani, MR; Limcaoco, P; Colbert, E; Avina, M; Wheeler, J; Craig, C; Salins, D; Röst, HL; Dunn, J; McLaughlin, T; Steinmetz, LM; Bernstein, JA; Snyder, MP, High-frequency actionable pathogenic exome variants in an average-risk cohort, Molecular Case Studies, vol 4 no. 6 (2018), pp. a003178-a003178 [10.1101/mcs.a003178] [abs].