Gregg E Trahey
Robert Plonsey Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
My laboratory develops and evaluates novel ultrasonic imaging methods. Current projects involve high resolutioon imaging of the breast and mechanical characterization of the breast and cardiovascular system. We conduct phantom, animal, ex vivo and in vivo trials. Current clinical trials involve imaging of soft and hard vascular plaques and mecahnical imaging of breast lesions.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Radiology
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1975
Medical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- MERIT Award. National Institutes of Health. 2009
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 354L: Introduction to Medical Instrumentation
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- EGR 79S: Thrive
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Flint, K; Bottenus, N; Bradway, D; McNally, P; Ellestad, S; Trahey, G, An Automated ALARA Method for Ultrasound: An Obstetric Ultrasound Feasibility Study., Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine : Official Journal of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (2020) [10.1002/jum.15570] [abs].
- Morgan, MR; Trahey, GE; Walker, WF, Intrinsic Tradeoffs in Multi-Covariate Imaging of Sub-Resolution Targets., Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol 67 no. 10 (2020), pp. 1980-1992 [10.1109/tuffc.2020.2993241] [abs].
- Huang, O; Long, J; Long, W; Pinton, G; Trahey, GE; Palmeri, ML, UltraNet: Deep Learning Tools for Modeling Acoustic Wall Clutter, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2020-September (2020) [10.1109/IUS46767.2020.9251465] [abs].
- Huber, M; Long, J; Flint, K; Long, W; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE, Implementation of adaptive transmit parameter adjustment in ultrasound imaging, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2020-September (2020) [10.1109/IUS46767.2020.9251354] [abs].
- Long, J; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE, Congruence of frequency-dependent spatial coherence between linear frequency-modulated pulses and conventional pulses, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2020-September (2020) [10.1109/IUS46767.2020.9251466] [abs].