Gregg E Trahey
Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Bass Fellow
- Professor in Radiology
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1975
Research InterestsTrahey's research interests include medical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 354L: Introduction to Medical Instrumentation
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Heyde, B; Bottenus, N; D'hooge, J; Trahey, GE, Evaluation of the Transverse Oscillation Technique for Cardiac Phased Array Imaging: A Theoretical Study, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol 64 no. 2 (2017), pp. 320-334 [10.1109/TUFFC.2016.2622818] [abs].
- Vejdani-Jahromi, M; Freedman, J; Nagle, M; Kim, Y-J; Trahey, GE; Wolf, PD, Quantifying Myocardial Contractility Changes Using Ultrasound-Based Shear Wave Elastography., Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol 30 no. 1 (2017), pp. 90-96 [10.1016/j.echo.2016.10.004] [abs].
- Zhang, HK; Cheng, A; Bottenus, N; Guo, X; Trahey, GE; Boctor, EM, Synthetic tracked aperture ultrasound imaging: design, simulation, and experimental evaluation., Journal of medical imaging (Bellingham, Wash.), vol 3 no. 2 (2016) [10.1117/1.jmi.3.2.027001] [abs].
- Doherty, JR; Dahl, JJ; Kranz, PG; El Husseini, N; Chang, H-C; Chen, N-K; Allen, JD; Ham, KL; Trahey, GE, Comparison of Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse Imaging Derived Carotid Plaque Stiffness With Spatially Registered MRI Determined Composition., IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol 34 no. 11 (2015), pp. 2354-2365 [10.1109/tmi.2015.2432797] [abs].
- Hollender, P; Bottenus, N; Trahey, G, A multiresolution approach to shear wave image reconstruction, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol 62 no. 8 (2015), pp. 1429-1439 [10.1109/TUFFC.2014.006400] [abs].