Gregg E Trahey
Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Bass Fellow
- Professor in Radiology
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1975
Research InterestsTrahey's research interests include medical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 354L: Introduction to Medical Instrumentation
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Hollender, P; Bottenus, N; Trahey, G, A multiresolution approach to shear wave image reconstruction, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol 62 no. 8 (2015), pp. 1429-1439 [10.1109/TUFFC.2014.006400] [abs].
- Eyerly, SA; Vejdani-Jahromi, M; Dumont, DM; Trahey, GE; Wolf, PD, The Evolution of Tissue Stiffness at Radiofrequency Ablation Sites During Lesion Formation and in the Peri-Ablation Period., Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology (2015) [10.1111/jce.12709] [abs].
- Kakkad, V; Dahl, J; Ellestad, S; Trahey, G, In Vivo Application of Short-Lag Spatial Coherence and Harmonic Spatial Coherence Imaging in Fetal Ultrasound, Ultrasonic Imaging, vol 37 no. 2 (2015), pp. 101-116 [10.1177/0161734614547281] [abs].
- Kakkad, V; Dahl, J; Ellestad, S; Trahey, G, In vivo application of short-lag spatial coherence and harmonic spatial coherence imaging in fetal ultrasound., Ultrasonic Imaging, vol 37 no. 2 (2015), pp. 101-116 [10.1177/0161734614547281] [abs].
- Hollender, PJ; Rosenzweig, SJ; Nightingale, KR; Trahey, GE, Single- and multiple-track-location shear wave and acoustic radiation force impulse imaging: matched comparison of contrast, contrast-to-noise ratio and resolution., Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, vol 41 no. 4 (2015), pp. 1043-1057 [10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2014.11.006] [abs].