Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Yuan has extensive experiences in analysis of therapeutic agent transport in mammalian cells, tissues, and organs, and development of effective strategies, design principles, and new technologies that can be used to facilitate the transport. The goal of his research is to improve delivery of therapeutic agents to their targets, which is crucial in treatment and prevention of diseases. He has published >100 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals, and a textbook on transport analysis in biological systems that has been used to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in many universities.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Ophthalmology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Rm 1385, Fciemas, Duke Univers, Durham, NC 27708-0281
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5411
- Email Address: email@example.com
- B.S. Peking University (China), 1983
- M.S. Peking University (China), 1985
- Ph.D. City University of New York, 1990
Principles and mechanisms of delivery for drugs, genes, and vaccines; pharmacokinetics; electrotransfer or electroporation technology; and tumor pathophysiology.
- BME 577: Drug Delivery (GE, BB, MC)
- BME 789: Internship in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- Wu, F., M. H. Shen, J. Yang, H. Wang, R. Mikhaylov, A. Clayton, X. Qin, et al. “An Enhanced Tilted-Angle Acoustofluidic Chip for Cancer Cell Manipulation.” Ieee Electron Device Letters 42, no. 4 (April 1, 2021): 577–80. https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2021.3062292.
- Wang, Liangli, Chun-Chi Chang, Justin Sylvers, and Fan Yuan. “A statistical framework for determination of minimal plasmid copy number required for transgene expression in mammalian cells.” Bioelectrochemistry (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 138 (April 2021): 107731. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bioelechem.2020.107731.
- Sun, Chao, Fangda Wu, Yongqing Fu, David J. Wallis, Roman Mikhaylov, Fan Yuan, Dongfang Liang, et al. “Thin film Gallium nitride (GaN) based acoustofluidic Tweezer: Modelling and microparticle manipulation.” Ultrasonics 108 (December 2020): 106202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2020.106202.
- Huang, Jianguo, Mohit Sachdeva, Eric Xu, Timothy J. Robinson, Lixia Luo, Yan Ma, Nerissa T. Williams, et al. “The Long Noncoding RNA NEAT1 Promotes Sarcoma Metastasis by Regulating RNA Splicing Pathways.” Mol Cancer Res 18, no. 10 (October 2020): 1534–44. https://doi.org/10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-19-1170.
- Wang, Chunxi, Chun-Chi Chang, Liangli Wang, and Fan Yuan. “Inhibition of Caspases Improves Non-Viral T Cell Receptor Editing.” Cancers 12, no. 9 (September 2020): E2603. https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers12092603.