Hertha Sponer Distinguished Professor of Physics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Hertha Sponer Distinguished Professor of Physics
- Professor of Physics
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biology
- Office Location: Duke University, Department of Physics, Duke Box 90305, 124 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.R. Technical University of Munich (Germany), 1988
- BIOLOGY 425: Biophysics II
- BIOLOGY 791T: Tutorial
- PHYSICS 174: Introduction to Frontiers of Biophysics
- PHYSICS 415: Biophysics II
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Haertter, Daniel, Xiaolei Wang, Stephanie M. Fogerson, Nitya Ramkumar, Janice M. Crawford, Kenneth D. Poss, Stefano Di Talia, Daniel P. Kiehart, and Christoph F. Schmidt. “DeepProjection: specific and robust projection of curved 2D tissue sheets from 3D microscopy using deep learning.” Development (Cambridge, England) 149, no. 21 (November 2022): dev200621. https://doi.org/10.1242/dev.200621.
- Jayachandran, Christina, Arindam Ghosh, Meenakshi Prabhune, Jonathan Bath, Andrew J. Turberfield, Lara Hauke, Jörg Enderlein, Florian Rehfeldt, and Christoph F. Schmidt. “A DNA-based optical force sensor for live-cell applications.” Biorxiv, December 24, 2021.
- Haertter, Daniel, Xiaolei Wang, Stephanie M. Fogerson, Nitya Ramkumar, Janice M. Crawford, Kenneth D. Poss, Stefano Di Talia, Daniel P. Kiehart, and Christoph F. Schmidt. “DeepProjection: Rapid and structure-specific projections of tissue sheets embedded in 3D microscopy stacks using deep learning.” Biorxiv, November 17, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.11.17.468809.
- Nishi, Kengo, Fred C. MacKintosh, and Christoph F. Schmidt. “Multiscale Microrheology Using Fluctuating Filaments as Stealth Probes.” Physical Review Letters 127, no. 15 (October 2021): 158001. https://doi.org/10.1103/physrevlett.127.158001.
- Raja, Sufi O., Alexey I. Chizhik, Christoph F. Schmidt, Jörg Enderlein, and Arindam Ghosh. “Mapping Activity-Dependent Quasi-stationary States of Mitochondrial Membranes with Graphene-Induced Energy Transfer Imaging.” Nano Letters 21, no. 19 (October 2021): 8244–49. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.1c02672.