Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Crouch is an Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Assistant Director of Research for the Center for Global Women's Health Technologies (GWHT). Dr. Crouch’s research interests intersect oncology, translational research, and global health, with a particular focus on diagnostics and therapeutics in low-resource settings. He is an expert in translating diagnostic technologies from the bench to bedside using in vitro cell culture and cell-based assays, small animal models, fluorescence microscopy, image processing, machine learning, and clinical trial design.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, 373 Gross Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5249
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2018
Research InterestsDeveloping novel, low cost technologies for cancer diagnostics and therapeutics with applications in resource limited settings. Particular focus on innovative strategies to induce a robust anti-tumor immune response following ablative therapy.
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- GLHLTH 395T: Bass Connections Global Health Research Team
- GLHLTH 795T: Bass Connections Global Health Research Team
- Wang, Roujia, Daniel A. Alvarez, Brian T. Crouch, Aditi Pilani, Christopher Lam, Caigang Zhu, Philip Hughes, David Katz, Timothy Haystead, and Nirmala Ramanujam. “Understanding the sources of errors in ex vivo Hsp90 molecular imaging for rapid-on-site breast cancer diagnosis.” Biomed Opt Express 12, no. 4 (April 1, 2021): 2299–2311. https://doi.org/10.1364/BOE.418818.
- Nief, Corrine, Robert Morhard, Erika Chelales, Daniel Adrianzen Alvarez, Ioanna Bourla Bs, Christopher T. Lam, Alan A. Sag, et al. “Polymer-assisted intratumoral delivery of ethanol: Preclinical investigation of safety and efficacy in a murine breast cancer model.” Plos One 16, no. 1 (2021): e0234535. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0234535.
- Nief, Corrine, Robert Morhard, Erika Chelales, Daniel Adrianzen Alvarez, Ioanna Bourla, Christopher Lam, Alan Sag, et al. “Polymer-assisted intratumoral delivery of ethanol: Preclinical investigation of safety and efficacy in a murine breast cancer model,” 2020. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.29.123125.
- Madonna, Megan, Joy Duer, Joyce Lee, Jeremy Williams, Baris Avsaroglu, Caigang Zhu, Riley Deutsch, et al. “In vivo optical metabolic imaging of long-chain fatty acid uptake in orthotopic models of triple negative breast cancer,” 2020. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.11.02.365288.
- Madonna, Megan C., Douglas B. Fox, Brian T. Crouch, Jihong Lee, Caigang Zhu, Amy F. Martinez, James V. Alvarez, and Nirmala Ramanujam. “Optical Imaging of Glucose Uptake and Mitochondrial Membrane Potential to Characterize Her2 Breast Tumor Metabolic Phenotypes.” Mol Cancer Res 17, no. 7 (July 2019): 1545–55. https://doi.org/10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-18-0618.