Brian T Crouch
Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Crouch is an Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Assistant Director of Research for the Center for Global Women's Health Technologies (GWHT). Dr. Crouch’s research interests intersect oncology, translational research, and global health, with a particular focus on diagnostics and therapeutics in low-resource settings. He is an expert in translating diagnostic technologies from the bench to bedside using in vitro cell culture and cell-based assays, small animal models, fluorescence microscopy, image processing, machine learning, and clinical trial design.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, 375 Gross Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5131
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2018
- Madonna, MC; Fox, DB; Crouch, BT; Lee, J; Zhu, C; Martinez, AF; Alvarez, JV; Ramanujam, N, Optical Imaging of Glucose Uptake and Mitochondrial Membrane Potential to Characterize Her2 Breast Tumor Metabolic Phenotypes., Mol Cancer Res, vol 17 no. 7 (2019), pp. 1545-1555 [10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-18-0618] [abs].
- Zhu, C; Li, M; Vincent, T; Martin, HL; Crouch, BT; Martinez, AF; Madonna, MC; Palmer, GM; Dewhirst, MW; Ramanujam, N, Simultaneous in vivo optical quantification of key metabolic and vascular endpoints reveals tumor metabolic diversity in murine breast tumor models., J Biophotonics, vol 12 no. 4 (2019) [10.1002/jbio.201800372] [abs].
- Crouch, BT; Gallagher, J; Wang, R; Duer, J; Hall, A; Soo, MS; Hughes, P; Haystead, T; Ramanujam, N, Exploiting heat shock protein expression to develop a non-invasive diagnostic tool for breast cancer., Scientific Reports, vol 9 no. 1 (2019) [10.1038/s41598-019-40252-y] [abs].
- Zhu, C; Martin, HL; Crouch, BT; Martinez, AF; Li, M; Palmer, GM; Dewhirst, MW; Ramanujam, N, Near-simultaneous quantification of glucose uptake, mitochondrial membrane potential, and vascular parameters in murine flank tumors using quantitative diffuse reflectance and fluorescence spectroscopy., Biomedical Optics Express, vol 9 no. 7 (2018), pp. 3399-3412 [10.1364/BOE.9.003399] [abs].
- Martinez, AF; McCachren, SS; Lee, M; Murphy, HA; Zhu, C; Crouch, BT; Martin, HL; Erkanli, A; Rajaram, N; Ashcraft, KA; Fontanella, AN; Dewhirst, MW; Ramanujam, N, Metaboloptics: Visualization of the tumor functional landscape via metabolic and vascular imaging., Scientific Reports, vol 8 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41598-018-22480-w] [abs].