Brian T Crouch
Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Crouch is an Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Assistant Director of Research for the Center for Global Women's Health Technologies (GWHT). Dr. Crouch’s research interests intersect oncology, translational research, and global health, with a particular focus on diagnostics and therapeutics in low-resource settings. He is an expert in translating diagnostic technologies from the bench to bedside using in vitro cell culture and cell-based assays, small animal models, fluorescence microscopy, image processing, machine learning, and clinical trial design.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, 373 Gross Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5249
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2018
Developing novel, low cost technologies for cancer diagnostics and therapeutics with applications in resource limited settings. Particular focus on innovative strategies to induce a robust anti-tumor immune response following ablative therapy.
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- GLHLTH 395T: Bass Connections Global Health Research Team
- GLHLTH 795T: Bass Connections Global Health Research Team
- Wang, R; Alvarez, DA; Crouch, BT; Pilani, A; Lam, C; Zhu, C; Hughes, P; Katz, D; Haystead, T; Ramanujam, N, Understanding the sources of errors in ex vivo Hsp90 molecular imaging for rapid-on-site breast cancer diagnosis., Biomedical Optics Express, vol 12 no. 4 (2021), pp. 2299-2311 [10.1364/BOE.418818] [abs].
- Nief, C; Morhard, R; Chelales, E; Adrianzen Alvarez, D; Bourla Bs, I; Lam, CT; Sag, AA; Crouch, BT; Mueller, JL; Katz, D; Dewhirst, MW; Everitt, JI; Ramanujam, N, Polymer-assisted intratumoral delivery of ethanol: Preclinical investigation of safety and efficacy in a murine breast cancer model., Plos One, vol 16 no. 1 (2021) [10.1371/journal.pone.0234535] [abs].
- Madonna, M; Duer, J; Lee, J; Williams, J; Avsaroglu, B; Zhu, C; Deutsch, R; Wang, R; Crouch, B; Hirschey, M; Goga, A; Ramanujam, N, In vivo optical metabolic imaging of long-chain fatty acid uptake in orthotopic models of triple negative breast cancer (2020) [10.1101/2020.11.02.365288] [abs].
- Nief, C; Morhard, R; Chelales, E; Alvarez, DA; Bourla, I; Lam, C; Sag, A; Crouch, B; Mueller, J; Katz, D; Dewhirst, M; Everitt, J; Ramanujam, N, Polymer-assisted intratumoral delivery of ethanol: Preclinical investigation of safety and efficacy in a murine breast cancer model (2020) [10.1101/2020.05.29.123125] [abs].
- Madonna, MC; Fox, DB; Crouch, BT; Lee, J; Zhu, C; Martinez, AF; Alvarez, JV; Ramanujam, N, Optical Imaging of Glucose Uptake and Mitochondrial Membrane Potential to Characterize Her2 Breast Tumor Metabolic Phenotypes., Mol Cancer Res, vol 17 no. 7 (2019), pp. 1545-1555 [10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-18-0618] [abs].