Professor in Radiology
The research in our lab is concerned with advancing structural and functional MRI methodologies (e.g. fast and high-resolution imaging techniques) for human brain imaging. We also aim to improve our understanding of functional brain signals, including spatiotemporal characterizations of the blood oxygenation level dependent contrast and alternative contrast mechanisms that are more directly linked to the neuronal activities. Additional effort is invested in applying and validating the developed methods to study human functional neuroanatomy.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Radiology
- Director of the Center for Brain Imaging and Analysis
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Neurobiology
- Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, Davison 414, Box 3918, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-1215
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Medical College of Wisconsin, 1995
- National Institutes of Health, 1996
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
In the News
- Allen Song Named Interim Director of Brain Institute (Jun 26, 2015)
- NIH Getting Serious About the Brain (Oct 13, 2014 | Duke Research Blog)
- Duke Researchers Among the First Funded In President’s BRAIN Initiative (Sep 30…
- Darrow, Sabrina M., Diego A. Pizzagalli, Moria Smoski, Sanjay J. Mathew, John Nurnberger, Sarah H. Lisanby, Dan Iosifescu, et al. “Using latent profile analyses to classify subjects with anhedonia based on reward-related measures obtained in the FAST-MAS study.” J Affect Disord 339 (October 15, 2023): 584–92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2023.07.081.
- Overson, Devon Karl, Dean Darnell, Fraser Robb, Allen W. Song, and Trong-Kha Truong. “Flexible multi-purpose integrated RF/shim coil array for MRI and localized B0 shimming.” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, October 2023. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.29891.
- Merenstein, Jenna L., Jiayi Zhao, Hollie A. Mullin, Marc D. Rudolph, Allen W. Song, and David J. Madden. “High-resolution multi-shot diffusion imaging of structural networks in healthy neurocognitive aging.” Neuroimage 275 (July 15, 2023): 120191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2023.120191.
- Overson, Devon K., Julia Bresticker, Devin Willey, Fraser Robb, Allen W. Song, Trong-Kha Truong, and Dean Darnell. “Numerical simulations of an integrated radio-frequency/wireless coil design for simultaneous acquisition and wireless transfer of magnetic resonance imaging data.” Phys Med Biol 68, no. 12 (June 8, 2023). https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/acd614.
- Ma, Yixin, Iain P. Bruce, Chun-Hung Yeh, Jeffrey R. Petrella, Allen W. Song, and Trong-Kha Truong. “Column-based cortical depth analysis of the diffusion anisotropy and radiality in submillimeter whole-brain diffusion tensor imaging of the human cortical gray matter in vivo.” Neuroimage 270 (April 15, 2023): 119993. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2023.119993.