Allen W Song
Professor in Radiology
The research in our lab is concerned with advancing structural and functional MRI methodologies (e.g. fast and high-resolution imaging techniques) for human brain imaging. We also aim to improve our understanding of functional brain signals, including spatiotemporal characterizations of the blood oxygenation level dependent contrast and alternative contrast mechanisms that are more directly linked to the neuronal activities. Additional effort is invested in applying and validating the developed methods to study human functional neuroanatomy.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Radiology
- Director of the Center for Brain Imaging and Analysis
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Neurobiology
- Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, Davison 414, Box 3918, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-1215
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emory University, 1999
- National Institutes of Health, 1996
- Ph.D. Medical College of Wisconsin, 1995
Song's research program is centered on high-resolution MRI methodological development to best depict and detect human brain structure and function.
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
In the News
- Allen Song Named Interim Director of Brain Institute (Jun 26, 2015)
- NIH Getting Serious About the Brain (Oct 13, 2014 | Duke Research Blog )
- Duke Researchers Among the First Funded In President’s BRAIN Initiative (Oct 1, 2014)
- Bruce, IP; Chang, H-C; Petty, C; Chen, N-K; Song, AW, 3D-MB-MUSE: A robust 3D multi-slab, multi-band and multi-shot reconstruction approach for ultrahigh resolution diffusion MRI., NeuroImage, vol 159 (2017), pp. 46-56 [10.1016/j.neuroimage.2017.07.035] [abs].
- Hu, Z; Ma, X; Truong, T-K; Song, AW; Guo, H, Phase-updated regularized SENSE for navigator-free multishot diffusion imaging., Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol 78 no. 1 (2017), pp. 172-181 [10.1002/mrm.26361] [abs].
- Guhaniyogi, S; Chu, M-L; Chang, H-C; Song, AW; Chen, N-K, Motion immune diffusion imaging using augmented MUSE for high-resolution multi-shot EPI., Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol 75 no. 2 (2016), pp. 639-652 [10.1002/mrm.25624] [abs].
- Chang, H-C; Sundman, M; Petit, L; Guhaniyogi, S; Chu, M-L; Petty, C; Song, AW; Chen, N-K, Human brain diffusion tensor imaging at submillimeter isotropic resolution on a 3Tesla clinical MRI scanner., NeuroImage, vol 118 (2015), pp. 667-675 [10.1016/j.neuroimage.2015.06.016] [abs].
- Chou, Y-H; Hickey, PT; Sundman, M; Song, AW; Chen, N-K, Effects of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on motor symptoms in Parkinson disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis., JAMA Neurology, vol 72 no. 4 (2015), pp. 432-440 [10.1001/jamaneurol.2014.4380] [abs].