Through project selection and review, and periodic assessment of the program, the Oversight Committee ensures the quality of translational projects and the sustainability of the Translational Partnership.
The independent Oversight Committee, chaired by the BME Department Chair, includes members from Duke as well as industry and venture capital.
The roles of the Oversight Committee are:
- Assist with team and proposal solicitation and development
- Review and select individual translational research projects for funding
- Assess periodic reports for the projects and the program
- Evaluate project portfolio
- Provide mentoring to teams
- Provide regular feedback to the Program PI, Co-PI and CPD about the program
- Provide updates to the senior University administration as needed or requested
The committee members include:
- Ashutosh Chilkoti, PhD, Chairman and Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Coulter Translational Partnership Grant PI
- Victoria Christian, Chief Operating Officer, Duke Health Data Science Center
- Inga Deakin, Director of Special Products, Inivata Limited
- Michael Hill, PhD, MBA, Vice President, Research and Development, Medtronic
- Barry Myers, MD, Ph.D., MBA Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Coulter Program Director, Director of Emerging Programs, Duke Translational Research Institute (DTRI), ex officio
- Robin Rasor, MS, CLP, Executive Director, Duke Office of Licensing and Ventures
- James Rosen, MBA, Deputy Director of Program Related Investments, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- John Schilling, MD, Partner, TPG Capital
- Neil Spector, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University School of Medicine
- John Sundy, MD, PhD, Vice President, Inflammation and Respiratory Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences, Inc.