4+1: BSE+Master's Degree Program

Complete a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in 5 years

Leading employers recognize the value of masters-level education. Our Pratt 4+1 Program provides a way for you to complete a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in as little as five years total.

How it Works

Your director of undergraduate studies works with you to develop your personal academic plan—four years as an undergraduate, and one year of graduate study.

4+1 is available in each of the Pratt School of Engineering's four academic departments and in the University Program in Materials Science & Engineering.

Rachel Fleming

"Duke's 4+1 program was the perfect opportunity for me to earn my master’s degree."

Rachel Fleming
BSE'12, MEng'13
Read Rachel's Story »

4+1 Degree Options

Admissions Contact

Susan BrownSusan Brown

Assistant Director of Master's Admissions