Ann Henshaw Gardiner Distinguished Professor of Nursing
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the School of Nursing
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor in Surgery
- Professor in Neurology
- Office Location: 2 Pine Top Place, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (310) 498-6136
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California - Los Angeles, 2004
Research InterestsBiomedical signal processing (ECG, EEG, PPG, ICP, cerebral blood flow velocity), machine learning in healthcare, mathematical modeling of physiological systems, brain monitoring.
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- NURSING 574: Directed Scholarship
- NURSING 724: Data Analytics II
- NURSING 922: Special Readings in School of Nursing
- Sunghan Kim, K. A., F. Scalzo, M. Bergsneider, P. Vespa, N. Martin, and N. Xiao Hu. “Noninvasive Intracranial Pressure Assessment Based on a Data-Mining Approach Using a Nonlinear Mapping Function.” Ieee Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 59, no. 3 (March 2012): 619–26. https://doi.org/10.1109/tbme.2010.2093897.
- Yang, Li, Mingxi Zhao, Chenglin Peng, Xiao Hu, Hua Feng, and Zhong Ji. “Waveform descriptor for pulse onset detection of intracranial pressure signal.” Medical Engineering & Physics 34, no. 2 (March 2012): 179–86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2011.07.008.
- Scalzo, Fabien, Shadnaz Asgari, Sunghan Kim, Marvin Bergsneider, and Xiao Hu. “Bayesian tracking of intracranial pressure signal morphology.” Artificial Intelligence in Medicine 54, no. 2 (February 2012): 115–23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artmed.2011.08.007.
- Asgari, Shadnaz, Paul Vespa, Marvin Bergsneider, and Xiao Hu. “Lack of consistent intracranial pressure pulse morphological changes during episodes of microdialysis lactate/pyruvate ratio increase.” Physiological Measurement 32, no. 10 (October 1, 2011): 1639–51. https://doi.org/10.1088/0967-3334/32/10/011.
- Asgari, Shadnaz, Marvin Bergsneider, Robert Hamilton, Paul Vespa, and Xiao Hu. “Consistent Changes in Intracranial Pressure Waveform Morphology Induced by Acute Hypercapnic Cerebral Vasodilatation.” Neurocritical Care 15, no. 1 (August 2011): 55–62. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12028-010-9463-x.