Ann Henshaw Gardiner Distinguished Professor of Nursing
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the School of Nursing
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor in Surgery
- Professor in Neurology
- Office Location: 2 Pine Top Place, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (310) 498-6136
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of California - Los Angeles, 2004
Biomedical signal processing (ECG, EEG, PPG, ICP, cerebral blood flow velocity), machine learning in healthcare, mathematical modeling of physiological systems, brain monitoring.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- SMART Award. Cerebral Autoregulation Research Network. 2016
- Winner of NASA Innocentive Challenge on Noninvasive Intracranial Pressure. NASA Innocentive. 2013
- Spring 2012 Venture Competition Grand Price. UCLA Business of Science Center. 2012
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute Scholar. University of California, Los Angeles. 2008
- Graduation with Honor . the Ministry of Electronics of China. 2006
- Honorary thesis . University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. 2006
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- NURSING 574: Directed Scholarship
- NURSING 724: Data Analytics II
- NURSING 922: Special Readings in School of Nursing
- Sunghan Kim, ; Scalzo, F; Bergsneider, M; Vespa, P; Martin, N; Xiao Hu,, Noninvasive Intracranial Pressure Assessment Based on a Data-Mining Approach Using a Nonlinear Mapping Function, Ieee Transactions on Bio Medical Engineering, vol 59 no. 3 (2012), pp. 619-626 [10.1109/tbme.2010.2093897] [abs].
- Yang, L; Zhao, M; Peng, C; Hu, X; Feng, H; Ji, Z, Waveform descriptor for pulse onset detection of intracranial pressure signal, Medical Engineering & Physics, vol 34 no. 2 (2012), pp. 179-186 [10.1016/j.medengphy.2011.07.008] [abs].
- Scalzo, F; Asgari, S; Kim, S; Bergsneider, M; Hu, X, Bayesian tracking of intracranial pressure signal morphology, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol 54 no. 2 (2012), pp. 115-123 [10.1016/j.artmed.2011.08.007] [abs].
- Asgari, S; Vespa, P; Bergsneider, M; Hu, X, Lack of consistent intracranial pressure pulse morphological changes during episodes of microdialysis lactate/pyruvate ratio increase, Physiological Measurement, vol 32 no. 10 (2011), pp. 1639-1651 [10.1088/0967-3334/32/10/011] [abs].
- Asgari, S; Bergsneider, M; Hamilton, R; Vespa, P; Hu, X, Consistent Changes in Intracranial Pressure Waveform Morphology Induced by Acute Hypercapnic Cerebral Vasodilatation, Neurocritical Care, vol 15 no. 1 (2011), pp. 55-62 [10.1007/s12028-010-9463-x] [abs].