Timothy E Reddy
Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 2347 Ciemas, Duke Box 3382, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 564-9536
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2007
Understanding how genetic variation that alters gene regulation contributes to human traits, including risk for common diseases such as diabetes. The Reddy Lab uses an interdisciplinary combination of high-throughput genomics, computational biology, and traditional molecular biology and genetics experiments. We hope that, through our research, we can better understand the gene-regulatory bases for human evolution and human disease. Those findings will likely reveal new pathways of disease that can ultimately be targeted for novel diagnostics and treatment.
- BIOLOGY 728F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
- CBB 510S: Computational Biology Seminar
- CBB 511: Journal Club
- CBB 591: Independent Study
- CBB 700: Internship
- CMB 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
- MGM 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
- UPGEN 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
In the News
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Hormone Activation Of Genes Takes Teamwork (Aug 25, 2016)
- Pratt Research Brings Precise Control to Gene Expression (Oct 27, 2015)
- Studying the Harm and Healing Power of Steroids (May 26, 2015)
- Newly Discovered Protein Has Link to Gestational Diabetes (Feb 5, 2015)
- Genomics Team Wins $5.9 Million Grant (Jan 6, 2015)
- Miller, DE; Sulovari, A; Wang, T; Loucks, H; Hoekzema, K; Munson, KM; Lewis, AP; Fuerte, EPA; Paschal, CR; Walsh, T; Thies, J; Bennett, JT; Glass, I; Dipple, KM; Patterson, K; Bonkowski, ES; Nelson, Z; Squire, A; Sikes, M; Beckman, E; Bennett, RL; Earl, D; Lee, W; Allikmets, R; Perlman, SJ; Chow, P; Hing, AV; Wenger, TL; Adam, MP; Sun, A; Lam, C; Chang, I; Zou, X; Austin, SL; Huggins, E; Safi, A; Iyengar, AK; Reddy, TE; Majoros, WH; Allen, AS; Crawford, GE; Kishnani, PS; University of Washington Center for Mendelian Genomics, ; King, M-C; Cherry, T; Chong, JX; Bamshad, MJ; Nickerson, DA; Mefford, HC; Doherty, D; Eichler, EE, Targeted long-read sequencing identifies missing disease-causing variation., Am J Hum Genet, vol 108 no. 8 (2021), pp. 1436-1449 [10.1016/j.ajhg.2021.06.006] [abs].
- Gemberling, MP; Siklenka, K; Rodriguez, E; Tonn-Eisinger, KR; Barrera, A; Liu, F; Kantor, A; Li, L; Cigliola, V; Hazlett, MF; Williams, CA; Bartelt, LC; Madigan, VJ; Bodle, JC; Daniels, H; Rouse, DC; Hilton, IB; Asokan, A; Ciofani, M; Poss, KD; Reddy, TE; West, AE; Gersbach, CA, Transgenic mice for in vivo epigenome editing with CRISPR-based systems., Nat Methods, vol 18 no. 8 (2021), pp. 965-974 [10.1038/s41592-021-01207-2] [abs].
- Prekovic, S; Schuurman, K; Mayayo-Peralta, I; Manjón, AG; Buijs, M; Yavuz, S; Wellenstein, MD; Barrera, A; Monkhorst, K; Huber, A; Morris, B; Lieftink, C; Chalkiadakis, T; Alkan, F; Silva, J; Győrffy, B; Hoekman, L; van den Broek, B; Teunissen, H; Debets, DO; Severson, T; Jonkers, J; Reddy, T; de Visser, KE; Faller, W; Beijersbergen, R; Altelaar, M; de Wit, E; Medema, R; Zwart, W, Glucocorticoid receptor triggers a reversible drug-tolerant dormancy state with acquired therapeutic vulnerabilities in lung cancer., Nature Communications, vol 12 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41467-021-24537-3] [abs].
- Hu, B; Won, H; Mah, W; Park, RB; Kassim, B; Spiess, K; Kozlenkov, A; Crowley, CA; Pochareddy, S; PsychENCODE Consortium, ; Li, Y; Dracheva, S; Sestan, N; Akbarian, S; Geschwind, DH, Neuronal and glial 3D chromatin architecture informs the cellular etiology of brain disorders., Nature Communications, vol 12 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41467-021-24243-0] [abs].
- Kabadi, AM; Machlin, L; Dalal, N; Lee, RE; McDowell, I; Shah, NN; Drowley, L; Randell, SH; Reddy, TE, Epigenome editing of the CFTR-locus for treatment of cystic fibrosis., J Cyst Fibros (2021) [10.1016/j.jcf.2021.04.008] [abs].