Timothy E Reddy
Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 2347 Ciemas, Duke Box 3382, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 564-9536
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2007
Understanding how genetic variation that alters gene regulation contributes to human traits, including risk for common diseases such as diabetes. The Reddy Lab uses an interdisciplinary combination of high-throughput genomics, computational biology, and traditional molecular biology and genetics experiments. We hope that, through our research, we can better understand the gene-regulatory bases for human evolution and human disease. Those findings will likely reveal new pathways of disease that can ultimately be targeted for novel diagnostics and treatment.
- BIOLOGY 728F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
- CBB 510S: Computational Biology Seminar
- CBB 511: Journal Club
- CBB 591: Independent Study
- CBB 700: Internship
- CMB 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
- MGM 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
- UPGEN 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
In the News
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Hormone Activation Of Genes Takes Teamwork (Aug 25, 2016)
- Pratt Research Brings Precise Control to Gene Expression (Oct 27, 2015)
- Studying the Harm and Healing Power of Steroids (May 26, 2015)
- Newly Discovered Protein Has Link to Gestational Diabetes (Feb 5, 2015)
- Genomics Team Wins $5.9 Million Grant (Jan 6, 2015)
- Kabadi, AM; Machlin, L; Dalal, N; Lee, RE; McDowell, I; Shah, NN; Drowley, L; Randell, SH; Reddy, TE, Epigenome editing of the CFTR-locus for treatment of cystic fibrosis., J Cyst Fibros (2021) [10.1016/j.jcf.2021.04.008] [abs].
- Kim, Y-S; Johnson, GD; Seo, J; Barrera, A; Cowart, TN; Majoros, WH; Ochoa, A; Allen, AS; Reddy, TE, Correcting signal biases and detecting regulatory elements in STARR-seq data., Genome Res, vol 31 no. 5 (2021), pp. 877-889 [10.1101/gr.269209.120] [abs].
- Seo, J; Koçak, DD; Bartelt, LC; Williams, CA; Barrera, A; Gersbach, CA; Reddy, TE, AP-1 subunits converge promiscuously at enhancers to potentiate transcription., Genome Res, vol 31 no. 4 (2021), pp. 538-550 [10.1101/gr.267898.120] [abs].
- Lu, J; Dumitrascu, B; McDowell, IC; Jo, B; Barrera, A; Hong, LK; Leichter, SM; Reddy, TE; Engelhardt, BE, Causal network inference from gene transcriptional time-series response to glucocorticoids., Plos Computational Biology, vol 17 no. 1 (2021) [10.1371/journal.pcbi.1008223] [abs].
- Black, JB; McCutcheon, SR; Dube, S; Barrera, A; Klann, TS; Rice, GA; Adkar, SS; Soderling, SH; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, Master Regulators and Cofactors of Human Neuronal Cell Fate Specification Identified by CRISPR Gene Activation Screens., Cell Reports, vol 33 no. 9 (2020) [10.1016/j.celrep.2020.108460] [abs].