Timothy E Reddy
Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 2347 Ciemas, Duke Box 3382, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 564-9536
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2007
Understanding how genetic variation that alters gene regulation contributes to human traits, including risk for common diseases such as diabetes. The Reddy Lab uses an interdisciplinary combination of high-throughput genomics, computational biology, and traditional molecular biology and genetics experiments. We hope that, through our research, we can better understand the gene-regulatory bases for human evolution and human disease. Those findings will likely reveal new pathways of disease that can ultimately be targeted for novel diagnostics and treatment.
- BIOLOGY 728E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
- CBB 511: Journal Club
- CBB 591: Independent Study
- CBB 700: Internship
- CMB 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
- MGM 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
- UPGEN 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
In the News
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Hormone Activation Of Genes Takes Teamwork (Aug 25, 2016)
- Pratt Research Brings Precise Control to Gene Expression (Oct 27, 2015)
- Studying the Harm and Healing Power of Steroids (May 26, 2015)
- Newly Discovered Protein Has Link to Gestational Diabetes (Feb 5, 2015)
- Genomics Team Wins $5.9 Million Grant (Jan 6, 2015)
- Lea, AJ; Vockley, CM; Johnston, RA; Del Carpio, CA; Barreiro, LB; Reddy, TE; Tung, J, Genome-wide quantification of the effects of DNA methylation on human gene regulation., Elife, vol 7 (2018) [10.7554/eLife.37513] [abs].
- Johnson, GD; Barrera, A; McDowell, IC; D'Ippolito, AM; Majoros, WH; Vockley, CM; Wang, X; Allen, AS; Reddy, TE, Human genome-wide measurement of drug-responsive regulatory activity., Nature Communications, vol 9 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41467-018-07607-x] [abs].
- Majoros, WH; Holt, C; Campbell, MS; Ware, D; Yandell, M; Reddy, TE, Predicting gene structure changes resulting from genetic variants via exon definition features., Bioinformatics (Oxford, England), vol 34 no. 21 (2018), pp. 3616-3623 [10.1093/bioinformatics/bty324] [abs].
- McDowell, IC; Barrera, A; D'Ippolito, AM; Vockley, CM; Hong, LK; Leichter, SM; Bartelt, LC; Majoros, WH; Song, L; Safi, A; Koçak, DD; Gersbach, CA; Hartemink, AJ; Crawford, GE; Engelhardt, BE; Reddy, TE, Glucocorticoid receptor recruits to enhancers and drives activation by motif-directed binding., Genome Res, vol 28 no. 9 (2018), pp. 1272-1284 [10.1101/gr.233346.117] [abs].
- D'Ippolito, AM; McDowell, IC; Barrera, A; Hong, LK; Leichter, SM; Bartelt, LC; Vockley, CM; Majoros, WH; Safi, A; Song, L; Gersbach, CA; Crawford, GE; Reddy, TE, Pre-established Chromatin Interactions Mediate the Genomic Response to Glucocorticoids., Cell Systems, vol 7 no. 2 (2018), pp. 146-160.e7 [10.1016/j.cels.2018.06.007] [abs].