Timothy E Reddy
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 2347 Ciemas, Duke Box 3382, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 564-9536
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2007
Understanding how genetic variation that alters gene regulation contributes to human traits, including risk for common diseases such as diabetes. The Reddy Lab uses an interdisciplinary combination of high-throughput genomics, computational biology, and traditional molecular biology and genetics experiments. We hope that, through our research, we can better understand the gene-regulatory bases for human evolution and human disease. Those findings will likely reveal new pathways of disease that can ultimately be targeted for novel diagnostics and treatment.
- CBB 511: Journal Club
- CBB 591: Independent Study
In the News
- Hormone Activation Of Genes Takes Teamwork (Aug 25, 2016)
- Pratt Research Brings Precise Control to Gene Expression (Oct 27, 2015)
- Studying the Harm and Healing Power of Steroids (May 26, 2015)
- Newly Discovered Protein Has Link to Gestational Diabetes (Feb 5, 2015)
- Genomics Team Wins $5.9 Million Grant (Jan 6, 2015)
- Klann, TS; Black, JB; Chellappan, M; Safi, A; Song, L; Hilton, IB; Crawford, GE; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, CRISPR-Cas9 epigenome editing enables high-throughput screening for functional regulatory elements in the human genome., Nature Biotechnology, vol 35 no. 6 (2017), pp. 561-568 [10.1038/nbt.3853] [abs].
- Guo, C; McDowell, IC; Nodzenski, M; Scholtens, DM; Allen, AS; Lowe, WL; Reddy, TE, Transversions have larger regulatory effects than transitions., BMC Genomics, vol 18 no. 1 (2017) [10.1186/s12864-017-3785-4] [abs].
- Majoros, WH; Campbell, MS; Holt, C; DeNardo, EK; Ware, D; Allen, AS; Yandell, M; Reddy, TE, High-throughput interpretation of gene structure changes in human and nonhuman resequencing data, using ACE., Bioinformatics, vol 33 no. 10 (2017), pp. 1437-1446 [10.1093/bioinformatics/btw799] [abs].
- Hivert, M-F; Scholtens, DM; Allard, C; Nodzenski, M; Bouchard, L; Brisson, D; Lowe, LP; McDowell, I; Reddy, T; Dastani, Z; Richards, JB; Hayes, MG; Lowe, WL, Genetic determinants of adiponectin regulation revealed by pregnancy, Obesity (Silver Spring, Md.), vol 25 no. 5 (2017), pp. 935-944 [10.1002/oby.21805] [abs].
- Vockley, CM; Barrera, A; Reddy, TE, Decoding the role of regulatory element polymorphisms in complex disease., Current Opinion in Genetics & Development, vol 43 (2017), pp. 38-45 [10.1016/j.gde.2016.10.007] [abs].