Paolo F. Maccarini
Assistant Research Professor of the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor of the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor - Track V in the Department of Anesthesiology
- Office Phone: (919) 668-7418
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California at Santa Barbara, 2002
Research InterestsBy merging advanced circuit/antenna design with multiphysics modeling, Dr. Maccarini pioneered low-cost passive sensors to noninvasively measure deep temperature for various diagnostic applications. By combining novel engineering solutions with immunotherapy/thermo-drugs, his collaborative efforts aim to more effective cancer therapies.
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Advanced Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- Zagar, TM; Vujaskovic, Z; Formenti, S; Rugo, H; Muggia, F; O'Connor, B; Myerson, R; Stauffer, P; Hsu, IC; Diederich, C; Straube, W; Boss, MK; Boico, A; Craciunescu, O; Maccarini, P; Needham, D; Borys, N; Blackwell, KL; Dewhirst, MW, Two phase I dose-escalation/pharmacokinetics studies of low temperature liposomal doxorubicin (LTLD) and mild local hyperthermia in heavily pretreated patients with local regionally recurrent breast cancer., International Journal of Hyperthermia (Informa), vol 30 no. 5 (2014), pp. 285-294 [abs].
- Rodrigues, DB; Maccarini, PF; Salahi, S; Oliveira, TR; Pereira, PJ; Limao-Vieira, P; Snow, BW; Reudink, D; Stauffer, PR, Design and optimization of an ultra wideband and compact microwave antenna for radiometric monitoring of brain temperature., IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol 61 no. 7 (2014), pp. 2154-2160 [abs].
- Inman, BA; Stauffer, PR; Craciunescu, OA; Maccarini, PF; Dewhirst, MW; Vujaskovic, Z, A pilot clinical trial of intravesical mitomycin-C and external deep pelvic hyperthermia for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer., International Journal of Hyperthermia (Informa), vol 30 no. 3 (2014), pp. 171-175 [abs].
- Juang, T; Stauffer, PR; Craciunescu, OA; Maccarini, PF; Yuan, Y; Das, SK; Dewhirst, MW; Inman, BA; Vujaskovic, Z, Thermal dosimetry characteristics of deep regional heating of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer., International Journal of Hyperthermia (Informa), vol 30 no. 3 (2014), pp. 176-183 [abs].
- Stauffer, PR; Snow, BW; Rodrigues, DB; Salahi, S; Oliveira, TR; Reudink, D; Maccarini, PF, Non-invasive measurement of brain temperature with microwave radiometry: demonstration in a head phantom and clinical case., The Neuroradiology Journal, vol 27 no. 1 (2014), pp. 3-12 [abs].