Mikhail Albertovich Nikiforov
Professor of Pathology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Pathology
- Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, Durham, NC 27710
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Illinois, 1997
- M.S. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia), 1992
- B.S. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia), 1992
Identification and therapeutic exploitation of mechanisms underlying the deregulated transcription programs and metabolism in cancer cells. We pursue these objectives by integrating intracellular imaging, organoid technology, animal modeling, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics.
- BME 570L: Introduction to Biomolecular Engineering (GE, BB, MC)
- Wolff, DW; Deng, Z; Bianchi-Smiraglia, A; Foley, CE; Han, Z; Wang, X; Shen, S; Rosenberg, MM; Moparthy, S; Yun, DH; Chen, J; Baker, BK; Roll, MV; Magiera, AJ; Li, J; Hurley, E; Feltri, ML; Cox, AO; Lee, J; Furdui, CM; Liu, L; Bshara, W; LaConte, LEW; Kandel, ES; Pasquale, EB; Qu, J; Hedstrom, L; Nikiforov, MA, Phosphorylation of guanosine monophosphate reductase triggers a GTP-dependent switch from pro- to anti-oncogenic function of EPHA4., Cell Chem Biol, vol 29 no. 6 (2022), pp. 970-984.e6 [10.1016/j.chembiol.2022.01.007] [abs].
- Bianchi-Smiraglia, A; Nikiforov, MA, Assessment of Intracellular GTP Levels Using Genetically Encoded Fluorescent Sensors., vol 2394 (2022), pp. 163-169 [10.1007/978-1-0716-1811-0_10] [abs].