Michael R Zalutsky
Jonathan Spicehandler, M.D. Professor of Neuro Oncology, in the School of Medicine
development of reagents for protein and peptide radioiodination that decrease deiodination in vivo by up to 100-fold, b) demonstration that At-211 labeled monoclonal antibodies are effective in the treatment of a rat model of neoplastic meningitis, c) synthesis of a thymidine analogue labeled with At-211 and the demonstration that this molecule is taken up in cellular DNA with highly cytotoxicity even at levels of only one atom bound per cell and d) development of
radiohalobenzylguanidines which are specifically cytotoxic for human neuroblastoma cells.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Jonathan Spicehandler, M.D. Professor of Neuro Oncology, in the School of Medicine
- Professor of Radiology
- Associate Professor in Pathology
- Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 311 Research Drive, 161H Bryan Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-7708
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Washington University, 1974
- M.A. Washington University, 1972
The development of novel radioactive compounds for improving the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Polymer and Protein Engineering
- PATHOL 293: Research Independent Study
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
- Zhou, Z; Vaidyanathan, G; McDougald, D; Kang, CM; Balyasnikova, I; Devoogdt, N; Ta, AN; McNaughton, BR; Zalutsky, MR, Fluorine-18 Labeling of the HER2-Targeting Single-Domain Antibody 2Rs15d Using a Residualizing Label and Preclinical Evaluation., Molecular Imaging and Biology (2017) [10.1007/s11307-017-1082-x] [abs].
- Pozzi, OR; Zalutsky, MR, Radiopharmaceutical chemistry of targeted radiotherapeutics, part 4: Strategies for 211At labeling at high activities and radiation doses of 211At α-particles., Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol 46 (2017), pp. 43-49 [10.1016/j.nucmedbio.2016.11.009] [abs].
- Slastnikova, TA; Rosenkranz, AA; Morozova, NB; Vorontsova, MS; Petriev, VM; Lupanova, TN; Ulasov, AV; Zalutsky, MR; Yakubovskaya, RI; Sobolev, AS, Preparation, cytotoxicity, and in vivo antitumor efficacy of 111In-labeled modular nanotransporters., International journal of nanomedicine, vol 12 (2017), pp. 395-410 [10.2147/ijn.s125359] [abs].
- Chin, BB; McDougald, D; Weitzel, D; Hawk, T; Reiman, RE; Zalutsky, MR; Vaidyanathan, G, Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of 5-[18F] fluoroleucine., Current Radiopharmaceuticals (2016) [abs].
- Kiess, AP; Minn, I; Vaidyanathan, G; Hobbs, RF; Josefsson, A; Shen, C; Brummet, M; Chen, Y; Choi, J; Koumarianou, E; Baidoo, K; Brechbiel, MW; Mease, RC; Sgouros, G; Zalutsky, MR; Pomper, MG, (2S)-2-(3-(1-Carboxy-5-(4-211At-Astatobenzamido)Pentyl)Ureido)-Pentanedioic Acid for PSMA-Targeted α-Particle Radiopharmaceutical Therapy., Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, vol 57 no. 10 (2016), pp. 1569-1575 [10.2967/jnumed.116.174300] [abs].