Michael R Zalutsky
Jonathan Spicehandler, M.D. Professor of Neuro Oncology, in the School of Medicine
development of reagents for protein and peptide radioiodination that decrease deiodination in vivo by up to 100-fold, b) demonstration that At-211 labeled monoclonal antibodies are effective in the treatment of a rat model of neoplastic meningitis, c) synthesis of a thymidine analogue labeled with At-211 and the demonstration that this molecule is taken up in cellular DNA with highly cytotoxicity even at levels of only one atom bound per cell and d) development of
radiohalobenzylguanidines which are specifically cytotoxic for human neuroblastoma cells.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Jonathan Spicehandler, M.D. Professor of Neuro Oncology, in the School of Medicine
- Professor of Radiology
- Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Professor in Pathology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 311 Research Drive, 161H Bryan Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-7708
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Washington University, 1974
- M.A. Washington University, 1972
The development of novel radioactive compounds for improving the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Polymer and Protein Engineering
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- MERIT Award. National Institutes of Health. 2005
- PATHOL 293: Research Independent Study
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
- Chitneni, SK; Yan, H; Zalutsky, MR, Synthesis and Evaluation of a 18F-Labeled Triazinediamine Analogue for Imaging Mutant IDH1 Expression in Gliomas by PET., Acs Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol 9 no. 7 (2018), pp. 606-611 [10.1021/acsmedchemlett.7b00478] [abs].
- Vaidyanathan, G; Kang, CM; McDougald, D; Minn, I; Brummet, M; Pomper, MG; Zalutsky, MR, Brush border enzyme-cleavable linkers: Evaluation for reducing renal uptake of radiolabeled prostate-specific membrane antigen inhibitors., Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol 62-63 (2018), pp. 18-30 [10.1016/j.nucmedbio.2018.05.002] [abs].
- Pruszynski, M; Kang, CM; Koumarianou, E; Vaidyanathan, G; Zalutsky, MR, d-Amino Acid Peptide Residualizing Agents for Protein Radioiodination: Effect of Aspartate for Glutamate Substitution., Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), vol 23 no. 5 (2018) [10.3390/molecules23051223] [abs].
- Zhou, Z; Chitneni, SK; Devoogdt, N; Zalutsky, MR; Vaidyanathan, G, Fluorine-18 labeling of an anti-HER2 VHH using a residualizing prosthetic group via a strain-promoted click reaction: Chemistry and preliminary evaluation., Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, vol 26 no. 8 (2018), pp. 1939-1949 [10.1016/j.bmc.2018.02.040] [abs].
- Chitneni, SK; Reitman, ZJ; Spicehandler, R; Gooden, DM; Yan, H; Zalutsky, MR, Synthesis and evaluation of radiolabeled AGI-5198 analogues as candidate radiotracers for imaging mutant IDH1 expression in tumors., Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol 28 no. 4 (2018), pp. 694-699 [10.1016/j.bmcl.2018.01.015] [abs].