Michael R Zalutsky
Jonathan Spicehandler, M.D. Professor of Neuro Oncology, in the School of Medicine
development of reagents for protein and peptide radioiodination that decrease deiodination in vivo by up to 100-fold, b) demonstration that At-211 labeled monoclonal antibodies are effective in the treatment of a rat model of neoplastic meningitis, c) synthesis of a thymidine analogue labeled with At-211 and the demonstration that this molecule is taken up in cellular DNA with highly cytotoxicity even at levels of only one atom bound per cell and d) development of
radiohalobenzylguanidines which are specifically cytotoxic for human neuroblastoma cells.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Jonathan Spicehandler, M.D. Professor of Neuro Oncology, in the School of Medicine
- Professor of Radiology
- Associate Professor in Pathology
- Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Phone: (919) 684-7708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Washington University, 1974
- M.A. Washington University, 1972
Polymer and Protein Engineering
- PATHOL 293: Research Independent Study
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
- Kiess, AP; Minn, I; Vaidyanathan, G; Hobbs, RF; Josefsson, A; Shen, C; Brummet, M; Chen, Y; Choi, J; Koumarianou, E; Baidoo, K; Brechbiel, MW; Mease, RC; Sgouros, G; Zalutsky, MR; Pomper, MG, (2S)-2-(3-(1-Carboxy-5-(4-211At-Astatobenzamido)Pentyl)Ureido)-Pentanedioic Acid for PSMA-Targeted α-Particle Radiopharmaceutical Therapy., Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, vol 57 no. 10 (2016), pp. 1569-1575 [abs].
- Chitneni, SK; Reitman, ZJ; Gooden, DM; Yan, H; Zalutsky, MR, Radiolabeled inhibitors as probes for imaging mutant IDH1 expression in gliomas: Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of labeled butyl-phenyl sulfonamide analogs., European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol 119 (2016), pp. 218-230 [10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.04.066] [abs].
- Vaidyanathan, G; McDougald, D; Choi, J; Koumarianou, E; Weitzel, D; Osada, T; Lyerly, HK; Zalutsky, MR, Preclinical Evaluation of 18F-Labeled Anti-HER2 Nanobody Conjugates for Imaging HER2 Receptor Expression by Immuno-PET., Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, vol 57 no. 6 (2016), pp. 967-973 [abs].
- Bao, X; Chandramohan, V; Reynolds, RP; Norton, JN; Wetsel, WC; Rodriguiz, RM; Aryal, DK; McLendon, RE; Levin, ED; Petry, NA; Zalutsky, MR; Burnett, BK; Kuan, CT; Pastan, IH; Bigner, DD, Preclinical toxicity evaluation of a novel immunotoxin, D2C7-(scdsFv)-PE38KDEL, administered via intracerebral convection-enhanced delivery in rats., Investigational New Drugs, vol 34 no. 2 (2016), pp. 149-158 [abs].
- Schaal, JL; Li, X; Mastria, E; Bhattacharyya, J; Zalutsky, MR; Chilkoti, A; Liu, W, Injectable polypeptide micelles that form radiation crosslinked hydrogels in situ for intratumoral radiotherapy., Journal of Controlled Release, vol 228 (2016), pp. 58-66 [abs].