Laszlo Ormandy Distinguished Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Laszlo Ormandy Distinguished Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Office Location: Room 379, Medical Sciences Research Building, Box 3093 Med. Ctr., Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-9959
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Sc.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
In the News
- Duke Awards 44 Distinguished Professorships (May 4, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Study Shows Men and Women Tear ACL the Same Way In Non-Contact Injury (Apr 18, …
- His and Her Knee Injuries Occur the Same Way (Apr 18, 2018 | US News and World …
- How to prevent knee injuries (Dec 1, 2017 | KSAT News)
- Knee arthritis in Americans has doubled since 1940 (Aug 17, 2017 | Science Maga…
- Athletes: Try this to prevent ACL tears and knee injuries (Aug 10, 2017 | WRAL …
- Clinical Sciences Day: Collaboration, Mentorship Lead to Science Successes (Oct…
- Coppock, James A., Amy L. McNulty, Kathryn N. Porter Starr, Abigail G. Holt, Michael S. Borack, Andrzej S. Kosinski, Amber T. Collins, Connie W. Bales, and Louis E. DeFrate. “The effects of a 6-month weight loss intervention on physical function and serum biomarkers in older adults with and without osteoarthritis.” Osteoarthr Cartil Open 5, no. 3 (September 2023): 100376. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocarto.2023.100376.
- Coppock, James A., Nicole E. Zimmer, Charles E. Spritzer, Adam P. Goode, and Louis E. DeFrate. “Automated segmentation and prediction of intervertebral disc morphology and uniaxial deformations from MRI.” Osteoarthr Cartil Open 5, no. 3 (September 2023): 100378. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocarto.2023.100378.
- Kim-Wang, Sophia Y., Charles E. Spritzer, Kwadwo Owusu-Akyaw, James A. Coppock, Adam P. Goode, Zoë A. Englander, Jocelyn R. Wittstein, and Louis E. DeFrate. “The Predicted Position of the Knee Near the Time of ACL Rupture Is Similar Between 2 Commonly Observed Patterns of Bone Bruising on MRI: Response.” Am J Sports Med 51, no. 8 (July 2023): NP22–24. https://doi.org/10.1177/03635465231172184.
- Kim-Wang, Sophia Y., Patrick X. Bradley, Hattie C. Cutcliffe, Amber T. Collins, Bryan S. Crook, Chinmay S. Paranjape, Charles E. Spritzer, and Louis E. DeFrate. “Auto-segmentation of the tibia and femur from knee MR images via deep learning and its application to cartilage strain and recovery.” J Biomech 149 (March 2023): 111473. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2023.111473.
- Bradley, Patrick X., Karl N. Thomas, Avery L. Kratzer, Allison C. Robinson, Jocelyn R. Wittstein, Louis E. DeFrate, and Amy L. McNulty. “The Interplay of Biomechanical and Biological Changes Following Meniscus Injury.” Curr Rheumatol Rep 25, no. 2 (February 2023): 35–46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11926-022-01093-3.