Kris Cameron Wood
Assistant Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
- B.S. University of Kentucky at Lexington, 2002
More effective anticancer therapeutic strategies, many of which are based on functional genomics. Examples of projects include: a miniaturized screening platform, tools to systematically map the signaling pathways controlling anticancer drug responses, high-throughput computational methods to discover anticancer drug combinations, design of therapeutic strategies to reverse or prevent drug resistance, and systematic credentialing of mutations uncovered through cancer genome sequencing projects.
- BIOLOGY 728E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
- CMB 710D: Cell & Molecular Biology Module IV
- CMB 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
- MGM 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
- MOLCAN 780: Graduate Student Seminar
- MOLCAN 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 780S: Graduate Student Seminar
- PHARM 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- UPGEN 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
In the News
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Why Do Perfectly Good Cancer Treatments Suddenly Stop Working? (Oct 25, 2017 | Duke Cancer Institute)
- The Challenges of Combating Cancer Drug Resistance (Nov 19, 2015 | Duke Research Blog)
- Researchers Map Paths to Cancer Drug Resistance (Jan 5, 2015)
- Ding, Y; Gong, C; Huang, D; Chen, R; Sui, P; Lin, KH; Liang, G; Yuan, L; Xiang, H; Chen, J; Yin, T; Alexander, PB; Wang, Q-F; Song, E-W; Li, Q-J; Wood, KC; Wang, X-F, Synthetic lethality between HER2 and transaldolase in intrinsically resistant HER2-positive breast cancers., Nature Communications, vol 9 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41467-018-06651-x] [abs].
- Soderquist, RS; Crawford, L; Liu, E; Lu, M; Agarwal, A; Anderson, GR; Lin, KH; Winter, PS; Cakir, M; Wood, KC, Systematic mapping of BCL-2 gene dependencies in cancer reveals molecular determinants of BH3 mimetic sensitivity., Nature Communications, vol 9 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41467-018-05815-z] [abs].
- Ohiri, KA; Kelly, ST; Motschman, JD; Lin, KH; Wood, KC; Yellen, BB, An acoustofluidic trap and transfer approach for organizing a high density single cell array., Lab on a Chip, vol 18 no. 14 (2018), pp. 2124-2133 [10.1039/c8lc00196k] [abs].
- Winter, PS; Wood, KC, Mapping Effector-Phenotype Landscapes in KRAS-Driven Cancers., Trends in Cancer, vol 4 no. 5 (2018), pp. 333-335 [10.1016/j.trecan.2018.02.004] [abs].
- Anderson, GR; Wardell, SE; Cakir, M; Yip, C; Ahn, Y-R; Ali, M; Yllanes, AP; Chao, CA; McDonnell, DP; Wood, KC, Dysregulation of mitochondrial dynamics proteins are a targetable feature of human tumors., Nature Communications, vol 9 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41467-018-04033-x] [abs].