Kris Cameron Wood
Assistant Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
- B.S. University of Kentucky at Lexington, 2002
More effective anticancer therapeutic strategies, many of which are based on functional genomics. Examples of projects include: a miniaturized screening platform, tools to systematically map the signaling pathways controlling anticancer drug responses, high-throughput computational methods to discover anticancer drug combinations, design of therapeutic strategies to reverse or prevent drug resistance, and systematic credentialing of mutations uncovered through cancer genome sequencing projects.
- MOLCAN 780: Graduate Student Seminar
- MOLCAN 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 780S: Graduate Student Seminar
- PHARM 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
In the News
- Why Do Perfectly Good Cancer Treatments Suddenly Stop Working? (Oct 25, 2017 | Duke Cancer Institute )
- The Challenges of Combating Cancer Drug Resistance (Nov 19, 2015 | Duke Research Blog )
- Researchers Map Paths to Cancer Drug Resistance (Jan 5, 2015)
- Anderson, GR; Winter, PS; Lin, KH; Nussbaum, DP; Cakir, M; Stein, EM; Soderquist, RS; Crawford, L; Leeds, JC; Newcomb, R; Stepp, P; Yip, C; Wardell, SE; Tingley, JP; Ali, M; Xu, M; Ryan, M; McCall, SJ; McRee, AJ; Counter, CM; Der, CJ; Wood, KC, A Landscape of Therapeutic Cooperativity in KRAS Mutant Cancers Reveals Principles for Controlling Tumor Evolution., Cell Reports, vol 20 no. 4 (2017), pp. 999-1015 [10.1016/j.celrep.2017.07.006] [abs].
- Ali, M; Kaltenbrun, E; Anderson, GR; Stephens, SJ; Arena, S; Bardelli, A; Counter, CM; Wood, KC, Codon bias imposes a targetable limitation on KRAS-driven therapeutic resistance., Nature Communications, vol 8 (2017) [10.1038/ncomms15617] [abs].
- Price, AM; Dai, J; Bazot, Q; Patel, L; Nikitin, PA; Djavadian, R; Winter, PS; Salinas, CA; Barry, AP; Wood, KC; Johannsen, EC; Letai, A; Allday, MJ; Luftig, MA, Epstein-Barr virus ensures B cell survival by uniquely modulating apoptosis at early and late times after infection., eLife, vol 6 (2017) [10.7554/elife.22509] [abs].
- Wood, KC, Suppressing oncogenic transcription with a little healthy competition., Science Translational Medicine, vol 9 no. 374 (2017) [10.1126/scitranslmed.aal5000] [abs].
- Wood, KC, An EXITS strategy for decreasing cancer risk in women., Science Translational Medicine, vol 8 no. 368 (2016) [10.1126/scitranslmed.aal2806] [abs].