Kris Cameron Wood
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
- B.S. University of Kentucky, Lexington, 2002
More effective anticancer therapeutic strategies, many of which are based on functional genomics. Examples of projects include: a miniaturized screening platform, tools to systematically map the signaling pathways controlling anticancer drug responses, high-throughput computational methods to discover anticancer drug combinations, design of therapeutic strategies to reverse or prevent drug resistance, and systematic credentialing of mutations uncovered through cancer genome sequencing projects.
- BIOLOGY 728A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
- CMB 710E: Cell & Molecular Biology Module V
- CMB 778A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
- MGM 778A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
- MOLCAN 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 495: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- UPGEN 778A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
In the News
- Cancer Therapy Using Genetic Targeting and Gel Delivery Shows Promise (Sep 16, 2019 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Why Do Perfectly Good Cancer Treatments Suddenly Stop Working? (Oct 25, 2017 | Duke Cancer Institute)
- The Challenges of Combating Cancer Drug Resistance (Nov 19, 2015 | Duke Research Blog)
- Researchers Map Paths to Cancer Drug Resistance (Jan 5, 2015)
- Joh, DY; Heggestad, JT; Zhang, S; Anderson, GR; Bhattacharyya, J; Wardell, SE; Wall, SA; Cheng, AB; Albarghouthi, F; Liu, J; Oshima, S; Hucknall, AM; Hyslop, T; Hall, AHS; Wood, KC; Shelley Hwang, E; Strickland, KC; Wei, Q; Chilkoti, A, Cellphone enabled point-of-care assessment of breast tumor cytology and molecular HER2 expression from fine-needle aspirates., Npj Breast Cancer, vol 7 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41523-021-00290-0] [abs].
- Su, A; Ling, F; Vaganay, C; Sodaro, G; Benaksas, C; Dal Bello, R; Forget, A; Pardieu, B; Lin, KH; Rutter, JC; Bassil, CF; Fortin, G; Pasanisi, J; Antony-Debré, I; Alexe, G; Benoist, J-F; Pruvost, A; Pikman, Y; Qi, J; Schlageter, M-H; Micol, J-B; Roti, G; Cluzeau, T; Dombret, H; Preudhomme, C; Fenouille, N; Benajiba, L; Golan, HM; Stegmaier, K; Lobry, C; Wood, KC; Itzykson, R; Puissant, A, The Folate Cycle Enzyme MTHFR Is a Critical Regulator of Cell Response to MYC-Targeting Therapies., Cancer Discov, vol 10 no. 12 (2020), pp. 1894-1911 [10.1158/2159-8290.CD-19-0970] [abs].
- Vaseva, AV; Bandyopadhyay, A; Del Pozo, V; Goodwin, CM; Gautam, P; Wennerberg, K; Wood, KC; Chen, Y; Der, CJ; Houghton, PJ, Parallel targeting of RAF/MEK/ERK pathway in RAS-mutant embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma, Cancer Research, vol 80 no. 14 (2020), pp. 72-72 [abs].
- Ozkan-Dagliyan, I; Diehl, JN; George, SD; Schaefer, A; Papke, B; Klotz-Noack, K; Waters, AM; Goodwin, CM; Gautam, P; Pierobon, M; Peng, S; Gilbert, TSK; Lin, KH; Dagliyan, O; Wennerberg, K; Petricoin, EF; Tran, NL; Bhagwat, SV; Tiu, RV; Peng, S-B; Herring, LE; Graves, LM; Sers, C; Wood, KC; Cox, AD; Der, CJ, Low-Dose Vertical Inhibition of the RAF-MEK-ERK Cascade Causes Apoptotic Death of KRAS Mutant Cancers., Cell Reports, vol 31 no. 11 (2020) [10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107764] [abs].
- Vaseva, AV; Bandyopadhyay, A; Del Pozzo, V; Goodwin, CM; Gautam, P; Wennerberg, K; Wood, KC; Der, CJ; Houghton, PJ, Parallel targeting of RAF/MEK/ERK pathway in RAS-mutant embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma., Molecular Cancer Research : Mcr, vol 18 no. 5 (2020), pp. 59-60 [abs].