Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Assistant Research Professor in Neurobiology
- Assistant Professor in Pathology
- Assistant Professor in Neurology
- Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Office Location: DUMC 3807, 1542 Blue Zone Duke South, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-3928
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001
- Ph.D. University of California - San Francisco, 2009
- M.D. University of California - San Francisco, 2011
- Stanford University, School of Medicine, 2013
- University of California - San Francisco, 2018
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
In the News
- Qian, Yongjun, Jiayun Li, Shengli Zhao, Elizabeth A. Matthews, Michael Adoff, Weixin Zhong, Xu An, et al. “Programmable RNA sensing for cell monitoring and manipulation.” Nature 610, no. 7933 (October 2022): 713–21. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-022-05280-1.
- Park, Christine, Saurabh R. Sinha, and Derek G. Southwell. “Laser ablative treatment of musicogenic epilepsy arising from dominant mesial temporal lobe: illustrative case.” J Neurosurg Case Lessons 3, no. 23 (June 6, 2022): CASE2295. https://doi.org/10.3171/CASE2295.
- Sun, James, Katrina Barth, Shaoyu Qiao, Chia-Han Chiang, Charles Wang, Shervin Rahimpour, Michael Trumpis, et al. “Intraoperative microseizure detection using a high-density micro-electrocorticography electrode array.” Brain Commun 4, no. 3 (2022): fcac122. https://doi.org/10.1093/braincomms/fcac122.
- Chiang, Chia-Han, Charles Wang, Katrina Barth, Shervin Rahimpour, Michael Trumpis, Suseendrakumar Duraivel, Iakov Rachinskiy, et al. “Flexible, high-resolution thin-film electrodes for human and animal neural research.” J Neural Eng 18, no. 4 (June 17, 2021). https://doi.org/10.1088/1741-2552/ac02dc.
- Ali, Muhaddisa Barat, Irene Yu-Hua Gu, Mitchel S. Berger, Johan Pallud, Derek Southwell, Georg Widhalm, Alexandre Roux, Tomás Gomez Vecchio, and Asgeir Store Jakola. “Domain Mapping and Deep Learning from Multiple MRI Clinical Datasets for Prediction of Molecular Subtypes in Low Grade Gliomas.” Brain Sci 10, no. 7 (July 18, 2020). https://doi.org/10.3390/brainsci10070463.