Professor in Surgery
Synthetic Virology & Gene Therapy
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Surgery
- Director of Gene Therapy
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2004
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
- Pickar-Oliver, A; Gough, V; Bohning, JD; Liu, S; Robinson-Hamm, JN; Daniels, H; Majoros, WH; Devlin, G; Asokan, A; Gersbach, CA, Full-length dystrophin restoration via targeted exon integration by AAV-CRISPR in a humanized mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy., Molecular Therapy : the Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy (2021) [10.1016/j.ymthe.2021.09.003] [abs].
- Havlik, LP; Das, A; Mietzsch, M; Oh, DK; Ark, J; McKenna, R; Agbandje-McKenna, M; Asokan, A, Receptor Switching in Newly Evolved Adeno-associated Viruses., J Virol, vol 95 no. 19 (2021) [10.1128/JVI.00587-21] [abs].
- Gemberling, MP; Siklenka, K; Rodriguez, E; Tonn-Eisinger, KR; Barrera, A; Liu, F; Kantor, A; Li, L; Cigliola, V; Hazlett, MF; Williams, CA; Bartelt, LC; Madigan, VJ; Bodle, JC; Daniels, H; Rouse, DC; Hilton, IB; Asokan, A; Ciofani, M; Poss, KD; Reddy, TE; West, AE; Gersbach, CA, Transgenic mice for in vivo epigenome editing with CRISPR-based systems., Nature Methods, vol 18 no. 8 (2021), pp. 965-974 [10.1038/s41592-021-01207-2] [abs].
- Gibson, RA; Lim, J-A; Choi, SJ; Flores, L; Clinton, L; Bali, D; Young, S; Asokan, A; Sun, B; Kishnani, PS, Characterization of liver GSD IX γ2 pathophysiology in a novel Phkg2-/- mouse model., Mol Genet Metab, vol 133 no. 3 (2021), pp. 269-276 [10.1016/j.ymgme.2021.05.008] [abs].
- Mitchell-Dick, A; Asokan, A, AAV-CNS matters turn from gray to white., Molecular Therapy : the Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy, vol 29 no. 5 (2021), pp. 1659-1660 [10.1016/j.ymthe.2021.04.012] [abs].