A great place to work
Duke University is a:
- Chronicle of Higher Education Great College to Work For
- Professional Woman’s Magazine Best of the Best College and University Employer
- Forbes Best Employer and Best Employer for Diversity
Durham, NC—our hometown—is regularly listed among the best places in the United States to live, work and raise a family.
Committed to Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion
Duke University is committed to encouraging and sustaining work and learning environments that are free from harassment and prohibited discrimination. The university prohibits discrimination and harassment in the administration of both its employment and educational policies.
Equal employment and educational opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Duke University also makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Duke Engineering is proud to be part of the American Society of Engineering Education’s (ASEE) Deans Diversity Initiative. We have earned the Bronze Award from the ASEE Diversity Recognition Program, and its recommendation as a national exemplar.
- Duke University's Equal Opportunity Policy »
- Duke Engineering's commitment to diversity and inclusion »
- To view all available positions, visit the Duke HR job search website »
Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
Review of applications will start immediately, and applications received before January 1, 2021 will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. We expect to hire for the Fall 2021 semester.
Research Faculty Positions
- No positions available at this time
Professor of the Practice Positions
- The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Duke University (Durham, NC) invites applications for a full-time, teaching-focused Lecturer or Professor of the Practice position at all levels. This non-tenure-track, regular-rank position will serve as a primary instructor of undergraduate and graduate courses in biomedical engineering and will participate with a team of faculty in service and education-related activities in the department. We seek faculty members committed to building a diverse and inclusive community that fosters excellence in teaching.
We seek faculty members committed to building a diverse and inclusive community that fosters excellence in teaching. Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 1, 2021, but applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
|Michael Tadross||Recent PhDs in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or related discipline||Info and apply »|
|Charles Gersbach||PhDs in biomedical engineering, molecular biology, genetics, pharmacology, or related field||Info and apply »|
||biomedical or electrical engineering, neurobiology, or a related field and have experience or a dedicated interest in neurophysiology and research involving non-human primates.||Info and apply »|
|Sina Farsiu||PhDs in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering or computer science||Info and apply »|
|Nenad Bursac||PhDs for a number of post-doctoral fellow positions||Info and apply »|
|George Truskey||Recent PhDs in biomedical engineering or related field||Info and apply »|
Associates in Research
Graduates with bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering or related field.
|Info and apply »|
Graduates with bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, physics, math or computer science.
|Info and apply »|
B.S. degree in biology, biomedical engineering, or related fields with at least 2-4 year experience in lab management, mammalian cell culture, and molecular biology techniques. Experience with Duke ordering system is highly desirable. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until position is filled.
|Info and apply »|
|G. Allan Johnson
Digital Image Analyst. Work requires a bachelor's degree in biology or directly related scientific field. Require technical competence in operating complex systems. Software competence in MATLAB, C, Python or related programming.
Contact Tawynna Gordon at email@example.com with CV or Resume. Any questions can be addressed to the same email.