Master's Student Research Fellowship Program
The Duke Department of Biomedical Engineering provides fellowships to support the research of Master of Science (MS) and Master of Engineering (MEng) students in Biomedical Engineering.
The 2017 deadline is Feb. 25.
All Master of Science (MS) and Master of Engineering (MEng) students who are engaged in or planning to engage in at least a semester long independent study research project in the laboratory of a BME primary or secondary faculty member are eligible.
- Students carrying out research in Spring semester 2017 are eligible
- Students may request funding for one semester or two semesters
- The earliest start date is Spring 2017
Amount awarded will vary depending on the nature of the project and will typically range between $250 to $1,000 per semester. The funds will be directly disbursed to the faculty member and will be used to support the research of the awardee. The maximum amount that can be requested is $2,000 for research over two semesters.
How to apply
Each applicant will submit:
- A 2-page application that contains: (1) Title (2) Objective and Specific Aims (3) Significance, (4) Research Plan, and (5) Brief justification and description of the use of funds. Figures and Tables count toward the 2-page limit, but references do not count towards the page limit
- A one page curriculum vitae
- A short letter or e-mail from the faculty mentor attesting that the student is currently, or will be performing research in the laboratory of the faculty member and that he/she supports the application
- Applicants should submit all materials as a single pdf file to email@example.com
- The letter or e-mail from the faculty mentor should be sent separately by the faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application by Feb 25th, 2017.
Awards will be announced by March 15.
- For 1 semester projects: applicants may apply for Spring semester 2017, Summer semester 2017, or Fall semester 2017
- For 2 semester projects: applicants may apply for Spring and Summer semester 2017, Spring and Fall semester 2017, or Summer and Fall semester 2017