Timothy E Reddy
Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 2347 Ciemas, Duke Box 3382, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 564-9536
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2007
Understanding how genetic variation that alters gene regulation contributes to human traits, including risk for common diseases such as diabetes. The Reddy Lab uses an interdisciplinary combination of high-throughput genomics, computational biology, and traditional molecular biology and genetics experiments. We hope that, through our research, we can better understand the gene-regulatory bases for human evolution and human disease. Those findings will likely reveal new pathways of disease that can ultimately be targeted for novel diagnostics and treatment.
- CBB 511: Journal Club
- CBB 591: Independent Study
- UPGEN 778E: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module V
In the News
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Hormone Activation Of Genes Takes Teamwork (Aug 25, 2016)
- Pratt Research Brings Precise Control to Gene Expression (Oct 27, 2015)
- Studying the Harm and Healing Power of Steroids (May 26, 2015)
- Newly Discovered Protein Has Link to Gestational Diabetes (Feb 5, 2015)
- Genomics Team Wins $5.9 Million Grant (Jan 6, 2015)
- McDowell, IC; Manandhar, D; Vockley, CM; Schmid, AK; Reddy, TE; Engelhardt, BE, Clustering gene expression time series data using an infinite Gaussian process mixture model., PLoS computational biology, vol 14 no. 1 (2018) [10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005896] [abs].
- Klann, TS; Crawford, GE; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, Screening Regulatory Element Function with CRISPR/Cas9-based Epigenome Editing., Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.), vol 1767 (2018), pp. 447-480 [10.1007/978-1-4939-7774-1_25] [abs].
- Vockley, CM; McDowell, IC; D'Ippolito, AM; Reddy, TE, A long-range flexible billboard model of gene activation., Transcription, vol 8 no. 4 (2017), pp. 261-267 [10.1080/21541264.2017.1317694] [abs].
- Klann, TS; Black, JB; Chellappan, M; Safi, A; Song, L; Hilton, IB; Crawford, GE; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, CRISPR-Cas9 epigenome editing enables high-throughput screening for functional regulatory elements in the human genome., Nature Biotechnology, vol 35 no. 6 (2017), pp. 561-568 [10.1038/nbt.3853] [abs].
- Guo, C; McDowell, IC; Nodzenski, M; Scholtens, DM; Allen, AS; Lowe, WL; Reddy, TE, Transversions have larger regulatory effects than transitions., BMC Genomics, vol 18 no. 1 (2017) [10.1186/s12864-017-3785-4] [abs].