Kevin M Caves
Clinical Associate in the Department of Surgery
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Appointments and Affiliations
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Surgery
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 170 Baker House, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3540
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1989
- M.E. Duke University, 2003
- B.S.M.E. University of Maryland, College Park, 1987
Kevin Caves researches technologies for people with disabilities. Recent projects include the development of brain computer interface (BCI) technologies, the use of sensors to assist older people and individuals with disabilities live more independently and safely at home, and telerehabilitation techniques to improve delivery of assistive technology services.
- Technology and Design for People with Disabilities
- Assistive Technology
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Computer Technology
- BME 460L: Devices for People with Disabilities (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
In the News
- Duke research is helping ALS patients communicate (Oct 8, 2013 | UNC-TV’s “North Carolina Now" )
- Tocci, FL; Morey, MC; Caves, KM; Deberry, J; Leahy, GD; Hall, K, Are Older Adults Ready for Wireless Physical Activity Tracking Devices? A Comparison of Commonly Used Tracking Devices., Journal of American Geriatrics Society, vol 64 no. 1 (2016), pp. 226-228 [10.1111/jgs.13895] [abs].
- Koh, GC-H; Yen, SC; Tay, A; Cheong, A; Ng, YS; De Silva, DA; Png, C; Caves, K; Koh, K; Kumar, Y; Phan, SW; Tai, BC; Chen, C; Chew, E; Chao, Z; Chua, CE; Koh, YS; Hoenig, H, Singapore Tele-technology Aided Rehabilitation in Stroke (STARS) trial: protocol of a randomized clinical trial on tele-rehabilitation for stroke patients., BMC Neurology, vol 15 (2015) [10.1186/s12883-015-0420-3] [abs].
- Bielefeldt, AR; Dewoolkar, MM; Caves, KM; Berdanier, BW; Paterson, KG, Diverse Models for Incorporating Service Projects into Engineering Capstone Design Courses, International Journal of Engineering Education, vol 27 no. 6 (2011), pp. 1206-1220 [abs].