Jennifer L West
Fitzpatrick Family University Professor of Engineering
Jennifer West’s research in biomaterials and tissue engineering involves the synthesis, development, and application of novel, biofunctional materials, and the use of biomaterials and engineering approaches to study biological problems. Current projects include the design of ECM-mimetic hydrogel materials, novel microfabrication strategies for biomimetic patterning, and nanoparticle theranostics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Fitzpatrick Family University Professor of Engineering
- Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor of Cell Biology
- Professor in the Department of Chemistry
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Associate Dean for Ph.D. Education
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of Texas at Austin, 1996
West's research in biomaterials, nanotechnology and tissue engineering involves the synthesis, development, and application of novel biofunctional materials, and the use of biomaterials and engineering approaches to study biological problems.
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- West, Jennifer L., PROTEIN-PATTERNED HYDROGELS Customized cell microenvironments, NATURE MATERIALS, vol 10 no. 10 (2011), pp. 727--729 [doi].
- Leslie-Barbick, Julia E. and Saik, Jennifer E. and Gould, Daniel J. and Dickinson, Mary E. and West, Jennifer L., The promotion of microvasculature formation in poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels by an immobilized VEGF-mimetic peptide, BIOMATERIALS, vol 32 no. 25 (2011), pp. 5782--5789 [doi] [abs].
- Slater, John H. and Miller, Jordan S. and Yu, Shann S. and West, Jennifer L., Fabrication of Multifaceted Micropatterned Surfaces with Laser Scanning Lithography, ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, vol 21 no. 15 (2011), pp. 2876--2888 [doi] [abs].
- Day, Emily S. and Thompson, Patrick A. and Zhang, Linna and Lewinski, Nastassja A. and Ahmed, Nabil and Drezek, Rebekah A. and Blaney, Susan M. and West, Jennifer L., Nanoshell-mediated photothermal therapy improves survival in a murine glioma model, JOURNAL OF NEURO-ONCOLOGY, vol 104 no. 1 (2011), pp. 55--63 [doi] [abs].
- Stephens-Altus, J. S. and Sundelacruz, P. and Rowland, M. L. and West, J. L., Development of bioactive photocrosslinkable fibrous hydrogels, JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS RESEARCH PART A, vol 98A no. 2 (2011), pp. 167--176 [doi] [abs].