Allan B. Shang
Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Office Location: CIEMAS
- Email Address:
M.D., University Of Vermont, 1993
My current research interests include the investigation into current and experimental biosensors, including the use of lasers and photonic techniques to create the next generation of miniaturized biosensors and analytical devices. I am interested in biomedical devices of all types, including the standardization and refinement of pulse oximeters, and the in-vivo measurement of a multitude of different substances in the peripheral circulation using novel applications of nanotechnology. Bioterrorism and countermeasures are a general interest of mine, along with biomaterials and their applications in my other research interests. Lastly, I am interested in the development and commercialization process for biomedical products, and hope to facilitate the flow of ideas between the academic and commercial worlds.
- , Shang AB, Weininger S, Kosikowski R, Bachelder P, Goldman J. â€œSignal Measurement Linearity as a Function of LED Emitter Intensity in Pulse Oximetryâ€, Abstract and Poster presented at the Society for Technology in Anesthesia. Jan 2006. (2006).
- , Shang AB, Weininger S, Kosikowski R, Bachelder P, Goldman J. â€œThe Effects of Position with Respect to the Heart on Pulse Oximetry Measurementsâ€, Abstract and Poster presented at the Society for Technology in Anesthesia. Jan 2006. (2006).
- , Weininger S, Shang AB, Kopotic RJ, Pennello GA, Goldman JM. "Using the Infrared(IR)Plethysmogram to Assess the Effects of Motion on the Performance of Pulse Oximeters." Abstract and Poster presented at the World Congress of Anesthesiologists, April 2004. (2004).
- AB Shang, TJ Gan, Optimising postoperative pain management in the ambulatory patient., Drugs, New Zealand, vol 63 no. 9 (2003), pp. 855-67 [abs].
- , Setty H, Shang AB, Sullivan M, Brady D. â€œA New Non-Invasive Method for Detecting Blood Alcohol Levels.â€ Abstract and poster presented at the 2nd Annual Meeting of the Fitzpatrick Center. May 2002. (2002).
- , Shang, AB, "An Investigational Study to Assess the Performance of Pulse Oximeters under the Presence of Motion Artifact". [Abstract] Anesth. Analg. Vol 94. No.1S pp. S107, Jan 2002. (2002).
- , Shang AB, Anthrax Education (column). The Chronicle 2001; Vol. 97, No. 53: p. 18. (2001).
- , Shang AB. EENT Surgery. In: Robertson KM, Lubarsky DA,Editors. Anesthesiology Pearls of Wisdom. Lincoln NE, Boston Med. Pub. Co. : 2001. p. 113-120. (2001).
- AB Shang, SA King, Parkinson's disease, depression, and chronic pain., Hospital & community psychiatry, UNITED STATES, vol 42 no. 11 (1991), pp. 1162-3.